Remove Module going crazy - call a priest

Okay, so I’m trying to do a wire removal over the top of a person and Remove is working pretty well. However when I go back and tweak settings, or delete rendered frames too many times eventually everything seems to unravel. I’ve tried clearing out my cache, but that doesn’t help. I’ve restarted and nothing.

What I’m doing:

-Import my uncompressed tiff sequence with Trillions of colors.

-set to 23.976 FPS, comes in mocha default 24, but is actually the former.

-Track portion of arm first.

-Track wire next for remove with splines within arm track splines.

-Load cleanplates (also uncompressed tiffs), set to cleanplates only.

-Hit remove, and happiness.

 

What I eventually get after too much tweaking:

-Cleanplate set to frame 0 doesn’t remove and I get a hard edge of something around the outside of my remove spline.

-Also all the other Remove frames have similar errors.

-Mild heart attacks.

 

What am I doing wrong?

On a new mac pro, 3.5 ghz 6 core, SSD, 64 gb ram, AMD FirePro D700 6144 MB.

Hmm. There could be a few things happening here.

You said you deleted the contents of your MoTemp folder, but just for extra thoroughness, try that again.
Did any layer order change from your initial render?
Did the track change from your initial render?
Do you have all the gears on all the right layers still?
Have you deleted the renders from your results folder?

Please try these options and try restarting your machine and let me know if that solves your issue for you.

Hey Mary, thanks for the quick reply. I’ll pay really close attention, and be sure not to upset those items you had questions on, but I don’t think I messed with anything after the initial track. I was only tweaking the settings inside the Remove module, and that’s when I started getting weirdness. However, I cleared my cache/motemp files and set my path from relative to absolute for the motemp folder and stuck it on my raid. Started my tracks again and everything seems okay at the moment. I’ll keep you posted throughout the day. Thanks again!

No problem. If you continue to have problems, let me know. I’ll get an old priest and a young priest, and maybe the Winchester Brothers. We’ll figure it out.

At the risk of angering the gods, switching my cache to a separate drive and clearing it seems to have made it more stable. Thanks!

Also thank you for continuing with the exorcism motif for this post, haha!