Remove module - masking + edge blur?

Hello again.
I have this video, that I need to clean a label form a billboard. During the camera movement, a street lamp pole goes in front of the billboard, obscuring the label for a moment.
So I masked out the pole. Tracked the billboard and selected the area for removal. I made a roto mask for the pole (subtract mode), so the remove module will know, to go around the pole. Everything worked fine. Except that on the edge of the pole, where the roto mask is subtracted from the remove module - the edge is jagged. I added an edge blur to the mask, but is seems that the remove module does not recognize that edge blur.
Here is a pic of the jagged edge. Note that the edge blur is alrgiht on its own. It’s just the remove module, who makes a jagged subtraction.
Image: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7924/mocharemovejagged.jpg [/URL]

Alright thanks for the solution it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

Hello again.

I have this video, that I need to clean a label form a billboard. During the camera movement, a street lamp pole goes in front of the billboard, obscuring the label for a moment.

So I masked out the pole. Tracked the billboard and selected the area for removal. I made a roto mask for the pole (subtract mode), so the remove module will know, to go around the pole. Everything worked fine. Except that on the edge of the pole, where the roto mask is subtracted from the remove module - the edge is jagged. I added an edge blur to the mask, but is seems that the remove module does not recognize that edge blur.

Here is a pic of the jagged edge. Note that the edge blur is alrgiht on its own. It’s just the remove module, who makes a jagged subtraction.

Image: http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/7924/mocharemovejagged.jpg [/URL]

Alright thanks for the solution it worked perfectly :slight_smile:

That is correct: The remove module doesn’t use the matte edge, it uses the dissolve instead. We have a feature request on our list to add the matte edge as an option in remove.
If you want to use the matte edge, you can export the matte and use it to composite the removed pole over the top of the original.

That is correct: The remove module doesn’t use the matte edge, it uses the dissolve instead. We have a feature request on our list to add the matte edge as an option in remove.

If you want to use the matte edge, you can export the matte and use it to composite the removed pole over the top of the original.