Remove module: operation failed /Vegas

Hi! I’m very new in Mocha, and the first experience is not as pleasant as it could be. The most annoying issue is the Remove module, which refuse to render with this error:

(mochaPro_plugin) ===> Operation failed
(mochaPro_plugin) File:e:\jenkins\workspace\ws-mocha-plugins-all_mocha-7.5.0\layercam\framemanager\lcam_cachemanager.cpp:3492:
(mochaPro_plugin) Context: Could not get source image for clip ‘Input’ (id 1)
(mochaPro_plugin) Message: Could not get source image for clip ‘Input’

My host is Vegas 17, I’ve attached the log. The same in Vegas 13. Any video. Can not retest on a standalone version, cause it requires a service called Mediaserver, which apparently hasn’t been installed.

Also I’m puzzled with this line:

(mochaPro_plugin) Failed to initialize OpenCL device: GeForce 210
 (mochaPro_plugin) Successfully initialized OpenCL device: CLCPP device

Can you help with that?

лог.txt (13.6 KB)

After Render click, the mocha interface freezes (stops responding and repainting), it only respond (process mouse events) when I resize the window. The Stop rendering button does not work. No frames are processed.

Then I try to save and close Mocha, but everything is already ruined:

(mochaPro_plugin) ===> Operation failed
 (mochaPro_plugin) File:e:\jenkins\workspace\ws-mocha-plugins-all_mocha-7.5.0\layercam\projectmanager\lcam_projectmanager.cpp:1179:
 (mochaPro_plugin) Context: Project save failure
 (mochaPro_plugin) Message: Destination file could not be opened:

I also have issues with the Stab module, which eventually turns black in the middle of a clip. And lots more.

Well, I like Vegas, but probably it would work better if I learn AE instead?

We are going to have to look into this. I am going to tag @martinb and see if these are known issues.

Cheers,
Mary

The Geforce 210 card is not supported. That card is quite old and doesn’t have the available graphics support for the current software.

If it’s not working for your graphics card, it will be jumping to the next available OpenCL device, which is probably your CPU.

If you can attach the full log we can check this out in full.

In terms of the input issue, this usually means that Mocha was unable to read from the Vegas timeline.
What footage are you using in the timeline? What is the container and codec format?

In terms of the save issue, how much disk space do you have? Do you have write permissions for the whole drive? Can you access C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Autosave ?

Hello, thanks for the answer. Here is the log:

https://forum.borisfx.com/uploads/short-url/c1to24ZdUNvBAuv1ZV90yUC74Rd.txt

Yeah, I’ve figured it out. You see, it says "Can not save to: " - the path is empty. So, the mochasaveXXX.tmp goes to the current directory, which is Program files. And it’s write-protected. I’ve made a screenshot for this.

And yes, I can access the path you specified. And normally all the savings are there, I can see them. Also I have a few in %temp%, like:

“C:\temp\New20959.mocha.autosave_le”
“C:\temp\autosave_history\New20959.mocha.2020-05-14_09-15-30.autosave”

But after the rendering failure the path is reset to [" "].

Guys, I have excatly the same in Premiere 2019. Remove module does not render. So, it’s something wrong with my setup or the system… :frowning:

[Time Logger] Remove render on frame 121 started
OpenCL-OpenGL interoperability is unavailable for device 'GeForce 210'. Error code: -1000
 Failed to initialize OpenCL device: GeForce 210
Successfully initialized OpenCL device: CLCPP device
 Remove rendered with device: CLCPP device
[Time Logger] Remove render completed. Time: 1027 ms
[Time Logger] Remove render on frame 112 started
 ===> Operation failed
File:e:\jenkins\workspace\ws-mocha-plugins-all_mocha-7.5.0\layercam\framemanager\lcam_cachemanager.cpp:3492:
Context: Could not get source image for clip 'Input' (id 1)
 [Time Logger] Remove render completed. Time: 45 ms

Okay, I’ve disabled GPU processing, it solved everything.

Please consider it bugreports (and pardon me my English, I’m russian).

First report: Remove module crashes on systems with old GPUs like GeForce 210. The error text is “OpenCL-OpenGL interoperability is unavailable for device ‘GeForce 210’. Error code: -1000”. Then it tries to fall back to CPU, but some memory structures are broken at the moment, so the rendering process fails. Then the host could crash, which again says about memory corruption.

Second: when the rendering process fails, some interface buttons stays inactive and the Current Path variable is reset to an empty string. So saving progress becomes impossible.

@martinb, @maryp

By the way, now that I can render, I’ve noticed that the checkbox “Use the cleanplate exclusively” does not speed up the process. On the contrary, it’s 2x slower when enabled.

Also, regardless of this checkbox state, it still uses the “Frames before” and “Frames after” values. If I set “9999”, it will slowly analyze all of the frames even with the “cleanplate exclusively” checked. So I have to set “1”. If I set “0” it crashes the host.

Why would you set it to 9999 frames before and after? That’s way too many frames to tell Mocha to process at once. Likely it’s not the cleanplate that’s slower, what is probably happening is you have keyframed your remove settings and they’re switching back to the old remove settings. Go into your dopesheet and delete any remove keyframes, then don’t touch frames before and after, keep the step at 1 if you’re using cleanplates exclusively, and try again.

Let us know how that goes for you!

Just to illustrate, that the quantity matters. According to the name of the checkbox, it shouldn’t. It should use the cleanplate exclusively.

Yes, I was careful about keyframes and used the Uber key to change the options globally. Actually, there wasn’t any keyframes, just a current one.

OK, for testing purposes, thank you.

What happens if you make a new remove layer, link it to the old track, and try a fresh remove with that cleanplate exclusively?