Remove module render times

Hi,
I’m using 2k images for tracking. In the “Remove” module, I’ve successfully setup my task, however, rendering is quite long. I have a subject with MULTIPLE tracking markers that need to be removed, but the render time to just do one tracking marker is long. The remove area is n ot very large, nor is the background track. Since I have least say 20 markers to remove, render time is of the essence.
Any ideas to decrease render times?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Well, it has to do with how many pixels mocha is looking at. If you have to look to the beginning and end of a long shot for a huge area, you’re not going to get a short render time.
—End Quote—
Wow, that’s extremely unfortunate. The web demo that’s on the site, had it seem it was a quick solution to the process. Namely the video that starred yourself. Hmmm…

Hi,

I’m using 2k images for tracking. In the “Remove” module, I’ve successfully setup my task, however, rendering is quite long. I have a subject with MULTIPLE tracking markers that need to be removed, but the render time to just do one tracking marker is long. The remove area is n ot very large, nor is the background track. Since I have least say 20 markers to remove, render time is of the essence.

Any ideas to decrease render times?

unfortunately i have to use some kind of blending because of lighting changes on the plate.
I’ve increased the “Step” to 5 and decreased the before and after to 5, but the times are still high.

unfortunately i have to use some kind of blending because of lighting changes on the plate.

I’ve increased the “Step” to 5 and decreased the before and after to 5, but the times are still high.

I basically have a shot with a face with about 20-30 tracking markers, is it possible to do the markers all at once in the remove module?

I basically have a shot with a face with about 20-30 tracking markers, is it possible to do the markers all at once in the remove module?

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Well, it has to do with how many pixels mocha is looking at. If you have to look to the beginning and end of a long shot for a huge area, you’re not going to get a short render time.
—End Quote—
Wow, that’s extremely unfortunate. The web demo that’s on the site, had it seem it was a quick solution to the process. Namely the video that starred yourself. Hmmm…

You can do all the remove markers in one layer IF you have a solid track on the BG and have rotoed out FG elements so they dont interfere.

You can decrease render times by making the area to remove smaller, making the frames before and after value smaller, and the step larger. You can also not use interpolation or edges and just use a feather blend in a composite for the old plate and new removes.

You can decrease render times by making the area to remove smaller, making the frames before and after value smaller, and the step larger. You can also not use interpolation or edges and just use a feather blend in a composite for the old plate and new removes.

You can do all the remove markers in one layer IF you have a solid track on the BG and have rotoed out FG elements so they dont interfere.

The video I did was not super long, if you’ll notice, which is why it was super fast. I guess I am not communicating well with what I mean, let me see if I can make you understand better.
How long is your shot? Every frame you have looking before and looking after is going to add to your render time, because you are looking at your tracked background x that many frames.
That’s where step comes in, because you divide your shape area x frames by your step.
The size of your shape that you are pulling background from will highly determine how fast this happens. The tracking areas in my video are smaller, and the remove areas are themselves small. I haven’t seen your shot, so I have given you general tips on how to fix it.
And still this should take less time than you can paint them out yourself, which does make it a fast solution. However, with every piece of software, there is a learning curve to make the software fast and easy in your workflow. I’d be curious to see your shot and see if it is an optimized as it can be, and if you like, I can look at it on skype or another remote viewing software to see if I can help you out.
Cheers,
Mary

The video I did was not super long, if you’ll notice, which is why it was super fast. I guess I am not communicating well with what I mean, let me see if I can make you understand better.

How long is your shot? Every frame you have looking before and looking after is going to add to your render time, because you are looking at your tracked background x that many frames.

That’s where step comes in, because you divide your shape area x frames by your step.

The size of your shape that you are pulling background from will highly determine how fast this happens. The tracking areas in my video are smaller, and the remove areas are themselves small. I haven’t seen your shot, so I have given you general tips on how to fix it.

And still this should take less time than you can paint them out yourself, which does make it a fast solution. However, with every piece of software, there is a learning curve to make the software fast and easy in your workflow. I’d be curious to see your shot and see if it is an optimized as it can be, and if you like, I can look at it on skype or another remote viewing software to see if I can help you out.

Cheers,
Mary

I forgot to mention. There are also general memory freeup things you can do on your machine to help in small ways.

• Restart your machine.
  • Close your broswer, things like facebook and gmail are memory hogs.
  • Make sure any other compositing software is closed, AE, nuke, etc.
  • Make sure any non-essential programs are closed, especially microsoft office and things like that.
    You can also adjust how much memory mocha uses in its preferences.
    But at this point without seeing what is going on on your screen I am going to be limited in the advice I can give you.

I forgot to mention. There are also general memory freeup things you can do on your machine to help in small ways.

• Restart your machine.
  • Close your broswer, things like facebook and gmail are memory hogs.
  • Make sure any other compositing software is closed, AE, nuke, etc.
  • Make sure any non-essential programs are closed, especially microsoft office and things like that.

You can also adjust how much memory mocha uses in its preferences.

But at this point without seeing what is going on on your screen I am going to be limited in the advice I can give you.