Remove Module situation

Hi Guys,
I’m new to Mocha pro (usually using Mocha AE)
Any tips for how to tackle this shot with multiple clean plates?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I need to remove the tire marks in the salt flats but I’m having trouble with the patterned floor.

There’s a few things here to consider which may cause issues:

1. The sun rays and bloom in the shot are going to throw off the clean plate, because the lighting is changing across the footage. Try using linear illumination to do the remove first, then shift to interpolated if you run into problems. These modes take a lot longer however, so also see if point 2 below helps this problem.
  2. The amount of distance covered. You might want to create more than one plate, as the texture detail changes over time. Try creating one close to where you first view the tire tracks, and then one when you’re far away from the subject. This may also help with the light change (see point 1)
  3. The angle of light. Because you have a very low sun, you are getting cast shadows across the ridges in the salt flats. This means that any detail you paint in is going to be thrown by tiny perspective shifts on the plane. Try using “3d offset” to see if that helps remove the artefacts.

There’s a few things here to consider which may cause issues:

1. The sun rays and bloom in the shot are going to throw off the clean plate, because the lighting is changing across the footage. Try using linear illumination to do the remove first, then shift to interpolated if you run into problems. These modes take a lot longer however, so also see if point 2 below helps this problem.
  2. The amount of distance covered. You might want to create more than one plate, as the texture detail changes over time. Try creating one close to where you first view the tire tracks, and then one when you’re far away from the subject. This may also help with the light change (see point 1)
  3. The angle of light. Because you have a very low sun, you are getting cast shadows across the ridges in the salt flats. This means that any detail you paint in is going to be thrown by tiny perspective shifts on the plane. Try using “3d offset” to see if that helps remove the artefacts.

Hi Guys,

I’m new to Mocha pro (usually using Mocha AE)

Any tips for how to tackle this shot with multiple clean plates?
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

I need to remove the tire marks in the salt flats but I’m having trouble with the patterned floor.