Remove module unable to read back the files it creates

Hi, I’ve been experiencing what seems to be a nasty bug with the remove module and/or mocha. I’ve been trying to create a clean plate, removing a helicopter from a sky. The helicopter and sky are both tracked/masked, but when I go to render frames with the remove module (using a couple of clean plates modified in photoshop), it works for a couple of frames - then brings up an error screen (screengrab attached) saying that the frames “can’t be read or are in an unsupported format”. These are the files that Mocha itself has just created!

Has anyone else had this issue? And is there a way to make it work? I’m using Mocha Pro 4.1.2 on OSX 10.10.5

Hi there, sorry to hear you’re having render issues.

What is your original source footage format? There is currently a defect for footage based on EXR that can cause this issue, but I want to make sure that’s the problem.

Hi Martin. Sorry about the delay getting back to you - been tied up on a deadline. The source footage was a ProRes4444 quicktime file, no Alpha, in Trillions of Colours. However the problems don’t seem to be anything to do with the original source file tracked in mocha - it’s problems reading back the TIFFs that the remove module generates itself (stored in the folder with the project).

I was able to get it to work by moving the project into the root level of one of my hard drives. Which indicates that there’s a big problem with the code in the remove module that handles path strings (limited to a max length of some size). I hope you are able to resolve this in a future update as it’s quite inconvenient having to work from the root of a drive :slight_smile: