Remove Problem

Hey there,
I want to remove a part of my video with a cleanplate frame which turn out to be in the middle of the clip. (not the first one)
If my cleanplate frame is the first I can easily do the remove but when it’s not, I just…can’t.
I recorded myself in Mocha to show you the exact problem, I hope it’s clear enough…
Here is the Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDdCgYn1Fc&feature=youtu.be
Thanks a lot!

Hi there,

Thanks for the recording, that really helps. It looks like you’ve got a few problems going on.

1. Make sure your cleanplate is always put back in at the frame you took it from, so instead of putting “all” in the dialogue box, make sure that number stays at the frame you pulled the plate from. If you’re just using one cleanplate, mocha will do that for you, so there’s no need for you to change it (like you did in the video). You were totally right to use “use cleanplates only” on this shot, as that’s the only way you’ll get a solid remove for this sort of shot.

2. The first frame is the first frame of your clip you want to remove, and the last frame is the last, the only thing you need to change in those settings in frames before, frames after, and step if you need to improve performance.

3. That black you are getting is because your mouth shape you are trying to remove is too close to the mustache for “linear interpolation.” That dark pull you’re getting into the shape is because linear interpolation is looking at the pixels around the area you are trying to remove and trying to pull that color into the shape you’re using for the remove. You can fix this by either making a finer roto-shape around the mouth you’re trying to remove or you can turn all interpolation off.

4. Just as a note, you may need to roto out his hands if they go over the mouth you are trying to remove.

Hoep that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,
Thanks for the recording, that really helps. It looks like you’ve got a few problems going on.

1. Make sure your cleanplate is always put back in at the frame you took it from, so instead of putting “all” in the dialogue box, make sure that number stays at the frame you pulled the plate from. If you’re just using one cleanplate, mocha will do that for you, so there’s no need for you to change it (like you did in the video). You were totally right to use “use cleanplates only” on this shot, as that’s the only way you’ll get a solid remove for this sort of shot.
  2. The first frame is the first frame of your clip you want to remove, and the last frame is the last, the only thing you need to change in those settings in frames before, frames after, and step if you need to improve performance.
  3. That black you are getting is because your mouth shape you are trying to remove is too close to the mustache for “linear interpolation.” That dark pull you’re getting into the shape is because linear interpolation is looking at the pixels around the area you are trying to remove and trying to pull that color into the shape you’re using for the remove. You can fix this by either making a finer roto-shape around the mouth you’re trying to remove or you can turn all interpolation off.
  4. Just as a note, you may need to roto out his hands if they go over the mouth you are trying to remove.
    Hoep that helps! Let me know if you have any questions!
    Cheers,
    Mary

Hey there,

I want to remove a part of my video with a cleanplate frame which turn out to be in the middle of the clip. (not the first one)
If my cleanplate frame is the first I can easily do the remove but when it’s not, I just…can’t.

I recorded myself in Mocha to show you the exact problem, I hope it’s clear enough…

Here is the Link : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icDdCgYn1Fc&feature=youtu.be

Thanks a lot!

Woow thanks fot this quick feedback !

I think I’m getting the point here. I just tried and successfully did my remove.
If I encounter some other issues, I’ll let you know for sure !

Thanks!

Woow thanks fot this quick feedback !
I think I’m getting the point here. I just tried and successfully did my remove.
If I encounter some other issues, I’ll let you know for sure !
Thanks!

Hi Mary. Happy Christmas-)
I have a problem.

Video link.

Do you see the transition on the brown wall? I’ve tried all settings (blend, linear, edge, motion blur, clean plate…). Track bg separately.
Original Clip.
Please help me.
THX
Andor from Hungary.

Well, while I think you shouldn’t have any problem with linear, you could try making a cleanplate where you also soften the entire wall, and then use “cleanplate only”. This may do the trick…

Try rendering using only frames before or frames after, not both. Sometimes that can clear up blending miscalculations like this. Hope you had a lovely holiday! I was out, so sorry for the late reply.

Thanks for the reply. I found the cause of the error:
“Process”
In tracking mode I just selected one of the layers when I started tracking.
ahhhh