Remove tool: New footage is static

Im having a great time learning and working with the remove tool but one problem I’m encountering is when it replaced the removed item with the background the replacement footage is static meaning new piece moves around how the matte was tracked but the actual pixels themselves don’t move. As if it’s replaced it with a static picture rather than a sampling of multiple frames. Any idea how to remedy this?

Hi Anthony, that’s new, I’ve never heard of that happening!

What graphics card are you using?

My graphics card is the stock card that came with my Mac Pro its a AMD FirePro D700 6144 mb

Here’s my other specs:
Memory 64 GB 1866 MHz DDR3 ECC
Processor 2.7 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon E5
FYI it’s the first gen of the newest mac pro (the “trashcan”)
I just did a new remove process and it worked wonderfully. At least I thought until I looked closely and could see the replacement sections had no moving pixels. I’m lost.

Also here’s an uploaded example of what I’m talking about. There was a green lens flare that was removed and at times you can see these static frames holding on for dear life, then they change position (and pixels).

https://vimeo.com/125736789

The main issue here is mocha does not do any grain matching in the removal process. We replace and blend the plate with optimal lighting, but not necessarily the grain. The best way around this is to remove and match grain as a pre and post process around the removal, or do a straight grain match on the removed area matted from the spline in your compositor.

To be honest however I wouldn’t have noticed it in this footage if you hadn’t pointed it out very specifically and zoomed in, so perhaps in this shot it is going to be unnoticeable to an audience. That’s not an excuse for the limitations of the software however!