Removing a static green lens flare from skin

I have this clip and theres a green lens flare that is sitting in the same position of the frame right on the subject’s nose for a good portion of the scene. As he moves, the flare covers that new point in the frame. I also have a few other clips where he’s in a slightly changed position, for instance, in another shot, the flare is mostly on his upper right cheek just under his eye and not his nose. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated, here’s a sample of the clips:

Nose Clip Dropbox - Error

Clip 1 Dropbox - Error

Clip 2 Dropbox - Error

Hi there,
I think the remove tool will get you there for most of these shots. You will need to do the following:

track and roto the green flare and keep it in the top of the layer pile. Drag the shape offscreen where the flare disappears.

track the various planes of his face that move underneath the flare, if you can’t track one plane only, try joining two planes where the flare moves over his eye and cheek and join them with the join layers tool.

You will probably need to make a cleanplate for the nose flare shot, everything else should have enough info for you to just get an automatic remove.

Select your flare layer, make sure the gear is on, and try to remove this in the mocha Pro remove tool.

If you don’t have mocha Pro, then I highly recommend that you use mochaimport+ from mamo world to stabilize the areas you need to paint and then paint them in nuke or AE. Or download a trial of mocha Pro and test it on these shots.

Cheers,
Mary

Mary,

Thank you so much. I actually had tried this on a static hair stuck in the gate and when it wasn’t working properly I was a little let down. This worked excellent. Only one problem & I’m discussing this in another thread but I will share here as well since it’s relevant to this footage.

It appears to be removed perfectly but when I zoomed in to fix some bad frames at the end I noticed that you can see the replacement footage specifically because it’s “static”. Meaning that the new footage that is replacing technically matches but as it moves to the next frame the pixels generally remain exactly the same which becomes noticeable.

I uploaded the clean footage and then a closeup so you can see what I’m talking about:

https://vimeo.com/125736789

I have a Solution