Render error in Particle Illusion in Optics 2022

First of all, I’m loving Optics 2022 and the incorporated particle illusions. Well done!

One question, though. I’m trying to render a PI effect to video so I can then composite over an image and am getting an error when trying to do this that says there is a “missing queue element”. I’ve launched PI from optics, selected render, and then start render from the pop-up. I’ve tried different codec’s and formats and get the same message. Any ideas?

This is a known issue. You would need to save the project from the PI interface (launched from Optics) and then reopen it from within the PI Standalone.

Thank you Marco, very useful. Does this mean I need to install PI standalone in that case?

Yes, you would need to also install the PI Standalone.

I’m getting this error in the standalone? How do I que something for export? Nothing shows in the export preview but the Boris FX logo.

You can’t currently render PI particle animations from inside of Optics.

To clarify I’m doing it from PI which is of course inside Optics. If that’s what you meant than why is there a Render dialog with video format settings if I can’t export a video?
I’ve tried this when launching Optics from Photoshop and same error Missing Queue Element.

That’s a bug that needs to be addressed.

If you want to render animations, use the free standalone version of PI: Particle Illusion

Hi all. I very much enjoyed Ross’s cinemagraph presentation on YouTube this week and he mentioned that BorisFX is planning to release Optics 2022.5 very soon. Will the update allow for animations to be rendered from the optics plugin version of PI yet? In other words has this bug that gives a “Missing Queue Element” on video export been addressed?

Tony

Yes, this issue is fixed in 2022.5 of Optics to be released soon.

1 Like

Awesome! Very much looking forward to it. Keep up the awesome work.

You can now download and install Optics 2022.5: Boris FX | Downloads

Tony,
Glad you watched and liked the live presentation. If you have not seen this quick tip on rendering particle animations from Optics 2022.5: Create Cinemagraphs in Photoshop & Lightroom with Optics 2022.5 - YouTube
Best,
Ross