Replacing Book Cover

Super easy track for the front and back cover. Trying to decide how to handle the spine of the book. Technically it’s a different plane, but it is connected to the other two planes with a bent transition. Maybe do 3 planes (front cover, back cover, spin) and use the mesh warp in Mocha to wrap the front cover (and back cover) up to the spine?

That sounds like a good strategy to me, and use roto to isolate the front, back, and spine and composite the fingers and shadows back on top.

Cheers,
Mary

All setup and just waiting for final book art from the designer. Any tips on the mesh warp? I can’t say I’ve done a lot of it. Is there a trick to moving multiple points at the same time? I can select them but when I go to move them it defaults to just one.

P.S. Mary, you are the best! Can you please clone yourself so BCC and Sapphire have such awesome response times.

I would use mesh warp at level one or two only, just for minor tweaking, for hard book covers you don’t need to use a lot. Make sure you only make one keyframe though, otherwise you will animate the mesh warp on a per point basis. So make all your corrections on one frame OR use the UberKey to make corrections.

That’s my advice. The placeholder looks like it is holding up!

Make sure your inserts are the “same” dimensions as the comp, or you might run into some trouble aligning them with the surface tool. ( Boris FX | Align Surface and Mismatched Resolutions )

Cheers,
Mary

got my hands on a reliable book cover designing services from mermaid publishers, they are legit doing a notable work.