Resizing project/session - want to resize strokes and rebuild

okay… Basically, I did a series of very complicated and intricate paints over an entire feature out of Fusion Studio (ofx) while the settings were for 4k UHD 2.39, and the project has been changed to 4k 1.85-- so all the plates have gone from 4096x1716 to 3996x2160, leaving me with a bunch of Silhouette projects that are supposed to be painting the old plates, and are therefore now improperly sized. I need to rebuild all of these strokes on the new plates…

I’ve gotten as far as changing the session settings to reposition the strokes to the correct places, which works perfectly… but now the strokes are all (slightly) too small. There’s got to be some way to universally rescale all strokes in the auto paint paint history, right? Is there a function that would allow me to reapply/replay all strokes but also scaled up? I can’t seem to find documentation on this anywhere.

This program is incredible-- so this must be a thing. I can’t be the first person who has needed to repaint rescaled plates. Sorry if this is a redundant post, or really easy and I missed it.

Thanks

-Crash

@crashbuist As you have discovered, the paint strokes are not resized to the new resolution. This is a limitation of raster based paint systems. We have talked internally about having a way to resize the paint strokes, but unfortunately, it is not as straightforward as it would be if Silhouette were a vector based system. We need to spend more time on this to see if we can come up with a solution.

That would be very very… job savingly helpful haha… since it appears that I will either be losing a week or two of work or exporting lower resolution clips… I’m obviously very bummed and frustrated, but I can appreciate that if it was as straightforward as it seems, it would have been done already.
Thanks. Looking forward to this functionality in the future.

A possible workaround would be to render the Paint Only output of the Paint node (far right output) at 4096x1716. This renders a RGBA image. Then resize that result to 3996x2160 and comp it over the image. The quality may or may not be acceptable as there target horizontal resolution is larger. May be worth trying.

That’s a great idea. I’ll try that.