Rolling shutter idea's?

I have some footage shot with a canon7D, and the rolling shutter is causing the tracker to track planes that are shifting due to these camera artifacts
So the resualting tracks are ummm… sub-optimal… the workaround has been to track as best we can, and clean up the tracks in DS’s animation editor, but in my perfect world i would love to have this done and dusted before bringing the track data into DS.
Any hints on how anyone else has sorted this stuff?
Thanks
d.

I have some footage shot with a canon7D, and the rolling shutter is causing the tracker to track planes that are shifting due to these camera artifacts

So the resualting tracks are ummm… sub-optimal… the workaround has been to track as best we can, and clean up the tracks in DS’s animation editor, but in my perfect world i would love to have this done and dusted before bringing the track data into DS.

Any hints on how anyone else has sorted this stuff?

Thanks

d.

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
What sort of distortions are you getting from this effect? Skew, wobble, exposure problems?
—End Quote—

• Skew & wobble, no exposure issues
    Is this issue present in the whole image or just at the edges? Can you show us a sample?
    —End Quote—
    Whole image… can you point me to where to upload a short Qt for you?
    Many thanX
    d

What sort of distortions are you getting from this effect? Skew, wobble, exposure problems?
—End Quote—

• Skew & wobble, no exposure issues

Is this issue present in the whole image or just at the edges? Can you show us a sample?
—End Quote—
Whole image… can you point me to where to upload a short Qt for you?

Many thanX

d

What sort of distortions are you getting from this effect? Skew, wobble, exposure problems? Is this issue present in the whole image or just at the edges? Can you show us a sample?
We don’t have a standard workaround for this but perhaps we can find something to help you solve this easier.
Cheers,
Mary

I sent you an email, will take a look as soon as you upload information to the ftp.
Cheers!
Mary

What sort of distortions are you getting from this effect? Skew, wobble, exposure problems? Is this issue present in the whole image or just at the edges? Can you show us a sample?

We don’t have a standard workaround for this but perhaps we can find something to help you solve this easier.

Cheers,
Mary

I sent you an email, will take a look as soon as you upload information to the ftp.

Cheers!
Mary