Rotate canvas / viewer?

Hey all!

I was wondering if there is a way to rotate your canvas just like in e.g. Photoshop.
We shoot a lot of content for 4:5 or 9:16 ratios with angled camera’s.

When we have to do roto’s or other vfx working with the original orientation is quite mindfudgy sometimes
because everything is sideways.

If not possible I guess this is a nice entry for a feature request :wink:

Hey there,

What version of Mocha Pro are you using? Plugin or standalone?

Ah sorry,

I’m using Mocha Pro Adobe plugin 5.6.0

Well, this isn’t an exact solution, but you can rotate the source footage in the AE comp and then precomp it, Mocha will read the PreComp.

Then you just need to rotate it back in another comp.

A bit fiddly, but that’s the way I would do it.

Yes I’m aware this is a possible workaround.
The problem is I want to be able to treat it like the source footage so I can apply the same motion transforms when using it inside premiere when editing.
Occasionally I even roto inside Premiere for convenience, then it just becomes messy.

I’ll see if I can throw it in as a feature request somewhere. Thanks for the answer!

We can definitely add it as a feature request. I’ll write it up. :slight_smile:

Excellent!

I might want to clarify, my idea was to be able to rotate it in 90 degree steps cloc/counterclock
purely as a guide / helper not actually changing the coördinates of the mask points or whatever.
The footage should still be treated as original (16:9) and also behave the same way when you’d paste masks or tracking data.

Okay, thanks for the suggestion. I’ll add it to our list!

Obviously, like all feature requests, we can’t guarantee they will appear or when. It comes down to customer demand and whether the feature can fit into the schedule, but we record and consider each request seriously.