Roto Brush & Refine Edge interference with Mocha masks

Hi there, I am having trouble with applying masks to my clip. There seems to be interference between the two masks I’ve created in Mocha AE and my Roto Brush & Refine Edge effect. When that effect is off, the masks work as I want them to (in subtraction). When the effect is on, the masks are no longer working. I want to have both the roto effect on and the masks working.

I should also mention that when I click the masks, in either scenario, I don’t see their outline.

I’m using AE version 17.0.2 and Mocha AE version 6.1.3. Thank you in advance for any advice you can give!

Can you try precomping your rotobrush and refine edge effects while moving all attributes into the composition and then try applying Mocha on the precomp? You could also apply Mocha, precomp that, and then apply your rotobrush and refine edges. Whichever works best for you. It sounds like those effects are conflicting with Mocha. Sometimes you have to precomp/nest clips so that plugins and effects play nice with one another.

Try that and let me know if that fixes your issue.

Cheers,
Mary