Rough Edges in Primatte Studio

I’m trying to composite an interview green screen. Footage was well lit and 1920 x 1080i (and I feel like that ‘i’ may be a key to my problem). I’m using Primatte Studio and it has worked pretty well with most of the subjects. But this one, I keep getting a jaggy edge. This is true when paused—as you might expect with interlaced footage—and when playing.

Is there something I’m overlooking that would allow me to soften the edge a little better? I’m working in this instance on Avid Media Composer. I’ve attached a couple of images to illustrate.

Martin

Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core
OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive
32 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX Card
Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, Driver: 10.11.4
Avid Media Composer v. 2018.11.0
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.0.3
Adobe Media Encoder CC v. 13.0.2.39
Mocha Pro Plug-in v. 6.0.2 build 217.x
Boris Continuum 2019 v. 12.0.2

Would you be able to post a sample of the original clip so we can study it? Feel free to private message me through the forum or email me at:
jclement at borisfx dot com

Absolutely. I will send you a dropbox link. Let me know if you prefer another means of sending it to you and thanks.

Martin

The issue here seems to be a problem with importing the footage into Avid, not with Primatte Studio itself. The ragged edges are apparent in Avid even without applying any filters, and although the adding a key makes them seem even worse, the problem is already baked in upstream of the effect. The same footage in Premiere works well, so ultimately the solution will be to figure out the Avid import problem.