Same Problem_Mocha Pro for AE_ Constantly Disappointing

So I’m working to keep an open mind as I have had to push back deadlines twice around using Mocha Pro for simple removes, etc. If it is not Input Frame from clip missing an error that I will get regardless of how well lit the footage is, or if it’s just color lines going through the footage with an Unknown Error flashing in front of it, Mocha Pro for AE has been a hodge-podge of AWESOMELY…bad… I’m a programmer by trade and fundamentally understand VFX in nature and scope. So to spend time having a program that has been optimized still not work regardless of what I do is very infuriating. Imagine having to tell your boss who is fronting the bill for the program that hey please push the date back again on your year long project, because Mocha Pro for AE doesn’t want to scan/track/ this part of a clip that is not changed in lighting perspective or skew.

Couple this with basically only hacks to use to make the program an nTh more workable and it feels like we’re rats in a maze helping this “add-on” to after effects functionally debug, while we get a hopefully workable solution, albeit 2-3 weeks after the due date.

I have done everything I know to do, that I have read, intuitively experimented with, and all of it to no avail. I’m actively anxious about my role in this production that I love, because what was supposed to be a slam dunk of a program is now a layup with the ball endlessly circling the rim. What sucks the most is that I genuinely like Mocha Pro older versions and I love what Mocha is developing for the future. I guess its just a matter of will it all work in time.

Well, I’m going to go smoke some Delta 8. My boss is calling about my deadline and my hands are shaking, so you know.

Not to interrupt your lovely smoking time, but have you tried turning the GPU tracker off? That’s what this sounds like to me.

Please reach out sooner before your hands start shaking and we might be able to help you hit your deadlines without frustration.

If the GPU switch doesn’t work, please email me at maryp at borisfx.com and I will try to schedule a remote session to get your shots sorted out.

Have a better day,
Mary

Hi Mary, I am trying out the Mocha Pro two week trial in After Effects. I have watched all of your tutorials and tried an object remove every which-way but still am unable to do an object remove. I took your suggestion and turned the GPU tracker off, and re-started After Effects. I have not been successful.

I tried the easiest test: move a logo over a sky (so the sky is moving but the logo is stationary).

is it possible that the native Mocha AE is disabling the Mocha Pro functionality?

Suggestions?

Katharine

Do you have a BG track for the Sky? Is the logo for the FG remove shape always within the BG tracked shape? At any point can you see behind the logo you are trying to remove?

Let me know and I will see if I can help. Though this probably should have been it’s own topic.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary. I appreciate your swift reply.

I have a BG track for the sky.
The logo for the remove FG is always within the BG tracked shape.
The logo is stationary—so I guess I cannot see behind it at any time.
I am clumsy with forums so apologize for jumping in and posting my issue as a reply.
-Katharine

Try making a cleanplate, painting out the stationary logo, and using cleanplates exclusively. Let me know if that fixes the issue.

Okay will do. Would prefer you I start a new topic?
-Katharine

Nah, we are here already.