Select points

in the BCC remover tool, when I am in mocha, sometimes it wont let me select a point to move it, it will only select the whole shape…any ideas why?

Can you please send a screenshot of the Mocha UI when it’s in the state where you can’t select a point to move it?

Hi,

Thanks Jason, it seems to be random but if it happens again when I can stop work to do a grab, then I will.

Spencer

If you work for Boris, then you should be more concerned that if you do 2 different tracks on different layers inside boris/mocha, it crashes the current version of avid every time once you try to exit mocha.

Cheers

S

Hi Spencer,

Can you please tell me in what host and on what platform you’re seeing this unexpected mocha behavior? I’d like to see if we can reproduce this in our labs.

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi,

Avid MC symphony. Latest version. PC.

Great - thank you! We’ll try to repro this now. Were you using Mocha Pro or Mocha from within a Continuum or Sapphire filter?

And what version of Continuum/Mocha/Sapphire were you using when it crashed?

mocha in boris, specifically the remover effect

no idea.

So that’s Mocha from within the BCC Remover filter, right?

Hi Spencer,

I just tried this myself and encountered no errors. I used Mocha within the BCC Remover filter (from Continuum 2020) to clone patches in two separate clips stacked on two different video layers in Avid MC 2019.9. Perhaps you could create a screen recording to show us the problem on your system? Or, you can reach out to support and ask them to tunnel into your system to see if they can resolve the issue for you.

Thanks,
Peter.

Hi,

It is actually MC symphony 2018.12.7

And it definitely crashes hard whenever you use more than one layer inside mocha in the remover effect. It only crashes when you save out of the effect, it works fine inside mocha.

Cheers

Spencer

Hi Spencer,

I was testing using the most recent version of Avid so I’ll go to our QA lab and try it again on a system with 2018.12.7 to see if that makes it possible for us to reproduce the issue that you’re seeing.

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

I tried to recreate the issue today to help investigate, and it stopped happening…weird. If it happens again I will furnish you with the runtime error code.

I shall definitely be using multiple layers now that I can as it is such an amazing tool compared to the avid image cloner.

Whilst I have your attention, this is something I need to do a lot but am not figuring out how to do it in Boris.

I have to remove flies/wasps in many moving shots.

I am currently freezing a frame without the fly, and using that as a clean ‘plate’ which I then track over the moving shot and mask to hide the fly.

I cant figure out how to do the same thing with a boris effect…any ideas?

Thanks

Spencer

Hey Spencer,

These sporadic anomalies that are not readily reproducible are the worst - and there are so many moving parts in the process that it’s often quite difficult to pinpoint the culprit.

One option you might consider for removing the wasps / flies from the shots that you’re working with would be the BCC Remover filter, which includes the powerful Mocha mask and tracking option. You can use the filters clone or infil methods to replace the isolated pixels in the shot. Another option would be to use Mocha Pro, which has it’s own remove module.

I hope this helps!

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi Peter,

Is there a list of keyboard shortcuts for mocha please?

Thanks

Hey Spencer,

Yes, you can find that by opening Mocha and in the Mocha UI, select File>Keyboard>Customize - in the window that appears you’ll find every keyboard shortcut and you’ll also be able to customize the keyboard to your liking.

Cheers,
Peter.

Hi Peter, slight update to this, I have figured out that the multi layer issue does indeed occur, I am now on a different machine and it seems to happen when you dont complete the track on the secondary layer…See if you can recreate that…

The runtime error is

R6025
pure virtual function call