Shape data export format

Hey there,
I am trying to figure out how I can compute the control points coordinates of a bezier curve from the shape export data. I have not found any documentation about the format used :frowning:
Bezier curve points are exported into:
Point(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h)
ie: Point(0.564028,0.3672,0,0.5,0.0552642,1.82817,0.481357,1.98354)
So far I have distinguished:
a = xposition of reference point as a ratio of the width. x = a * width
b = yposition of reference point as a ratio of the height. x = a * height
c = ? (not important for me I guess)
d = ? (not important for me I guess)
e = ? some kind of angle?
f = ? some kind of angle?
g = distance of the first control point, but how to compute the value? unit?
h = distance of the second control point, but how to compute the value? unit?
If you could give me more information about e,f,g and h, it would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Hi John,
Iā€™m going to send you a PM about this.
J-P

Hi John,

Iā€™m going to send you a PM about this.

J-P

Thank you for your help.

What I am trying to achieve is to use an exported tracked shape to create an animation using a custom tool that draws bezier curves.

I just need to figure out how to get the information to draw my curves :slight_smile:

Hey there,

I am trying to figure out how I can compute the control points coordinates of a bezier curve from the shape export data. I have not found any documentation about the format used :frowning:

Bezier curve points are exported into:
Point(a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h)
ie: Point(0.564028,0.3672,0,0.5,0.0552642,1.82817,0.481357,1.98354)

So far I have distinguished:
a = xposition of reference point as a ratio of the width. x = a * width
b = yposition of reference point as a ratio of the height. x = a * height
c = ? (not important for me I guess)
d = ? (not important for me I guess)
e = ? some kind of angle?
f = ? some kind of angle?
g = distance of the first control point, but how to compute the value? unit?
h = distance of the second control point, but how to compute the value? unit?

If you could give me more information about e,f,g and h, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you for your help.
What I am trying to achieve is to use an exported tracked shape to create an animation using a custom tool that draws bezier curves.
I just need to figure out how to get the information to draw my curves :slight_smile:

Can you tell me a bit more about what your end product needs to be? I am not sure we calculate for that data on its own, but I may be able to find you a workaround. What are you trying to export this to?
Cheers,
Mary

Can you tell me a bit more about what your end product needs to be? I am not sure we calculate for that data on its own, but I may be able to find you a workaround. What are you trying to export this to?

Cheers,
Mary

I am going to have to discuss this with my dev guys and get back to you. Please stand by!

I am going to have to discuss this with my dev guys and get back to you. Please stand by!

Was the original question in this post ever answered? I too need to know the format of the bezier curve point data. Thank you.

Let me see if @jps can shed some light.