Shape Data Questions

1: Is there a way to feather the masks generated by Mocha via the shape tracking feature? I want to apply a feather as if it were a normal mask in AE, but I can’t seem to figure that out.
2: Why does everything outside of the shape mask generated by Mocha shape tracker turn dark when I paste the data onto an adjustment layer? The track works, it follows and the adjustments I made to the adjustment layer show through on the shapes that were tracked, but for some reason everything outside of the tracked shapes is about 50% darker. Why?
Thanks!

Thank you for your quick response, looks like I’ll have to roto my masks then :frowning:

1. The shapes that are feathered inside mocha are per-point, so the only way to export this feathering is via the shape plugin paste. If you want to feather the mocha mask export (AE spline masks generated by mocha) then you are stuck with the standard feathering model unless you use a plugin like RE:Vision Effect’s PV Feather.
  2. The reason for this is that you are essentially generating a track matte effect on the layer, so when you apply it to an Adjustment Layer rather than a duplicate of the original layer, the areas that are not masked will be black. If you would prefer the Adjustment Layer to react the same way to the effect as a normal layer and cut the effect instead i’ll see if this is something we can change.