Shape paste issue

I’ve pasted shape from Mocha into AE using paste mocha mask. The frames weren’t aligned to the correct time in the timeline so I moved all mask keyframes up to the start of the clip. I can now see that the shape points are lining up correctly, however the mask that is actually applied is offset/smaller. How do I fix this? AE and mocha are exactly the same dimensions.

I’m trying to share a link to the image but it is blocking me from posting it.

Thanks

http://postimg.org/image/b8q5zd8cd/

It sounds like your image size, aspect ratio, or frame rate aren’t lining up.Project settings such as frame rate, dimensions and pixel aspect ratio must be match between your mocha project and your destination software. Make sure these values match the settings in your compositor or editor and inside of mocha, otherwise your tracking data will not match when you export it.

If your are using Adobe After Effects, the target layer you are pasting data to should also be the same size as your AE composition. A good After Effects troubleshooting tip: create a new solid that is the same size as your composition. Paste your track or roto shape data to this layer. If it does not line up, the issue is mostly likely a project mismatch.

Please note that all these parameters must match between your AE clip, composition, and your mocha file. For instance if your AE imported clip is 29.97, and your AE comp is 23.976, but your mocha file is 29.97, when you paste your data in it will not line up.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

Thanks for your quick reply. I’ve added a solid layer with the shape data applied and the shots line up exactly. It’s when I paste it on another layer (still same dimensions and frame rate etc.) that it doesn’t work. This layer is a corner pinned screen with tracking from Mocha so I think that is the problem but not sure how to fix this. I wonder if there is another way and whether I could use the solid layer to mask out the trouble layer below it instead.

Precomp that layer in a new precomp and make sure that when you do you “move all attributes” into the new precomp. Alternately, just use your solid data as a track matte in AE. Either of those will work for you.

Cheers,
Mary