Shape plugin install problems

I have AE CS4 with Mocha for AE V2. I’m having trouble installing my license for the Shape plugin. I don’t see the file named ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ generated anywhere and the generated license looks something like this:
PACKAGE mochashapeae isl etc…
FEATURE mochashapeae isl etc…
When I try to copy and paste in the “view license window” in Mocha foe AE it fails. I also tried to copy/paste according to the instructions from email. No go.
My version of Mocha for AE V2 says “learning edition- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE”. I take this to mean it’s the academic version.
Any ideas?

You need to follow the instructions. The license for mocha shape does not go into mocha for AE. It goes into a specific directory depending if you are on WIN or MAC. Read the below instructions closely.

You need to download the actual .lic file and then create the directory. I will resend this to you.

Also note, that if you have never purchased a license for mocha for AEv2 (whether it is full OR academic) you are limited to 10 keyframe exports. There is no diffrence between full or academic license in functionality other than price.

Hope this helps. For more direct support, please email support@imagineersystems.com

>From the install notes:

Mocha Shape for After Effects Windows

To install the plug-in and the license please refer to the detailed instructions in ‘Release notes.pdf’ file included with the plug-in installer download, or follow the brief outline below.

* MAC OS X
      o AE CS3
        Create the directory /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS3/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer and copy the plug-in file 'MochaShape.plugin' into it
        Create the directory /Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses and copy the license file 'mochashape4ae-license.lic' into it 
      o AE CS4
        Create the directory /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS4/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer and copy the plug-in file 'MochaShape.plugin' into it
        Create the directory /Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses and copy the license file 'mochashape4ae-license.lic' into it Windows
      o AE CS3
        Create the directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS3\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\Imagineer and copy the plug-in file 'MochaShape.aex' into it
        Create the directory C:\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing and copy the license file 'mochashape4ae-license.lic' into it 
      o AE CS4
        Create the directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\Imagineer and copy the plug-in file 'MochaShape.aex' into it
        Create the directory C:\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing and copy the license file 'mochashape4ae-license.lic' into it 

—Quote (Originally by stevebol)—
I have AE CS4 with Mocha for AE V2. I’m having trouble installing my license for the Shape plugin. I don’t see the file named ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ generated anywhere and the generated license looks something like this:

When I try to copy and paste in the “view license window” in Mocha foe AE it fails. I also tried to copy/paste according to the instructions from email. No go.

My version of Mocha for AE V2 says “learning edition- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE”. I take this to mean it’s the academic version. I’m running Vista 64.

Any ideas?
—End Quote—

You need to follow the instructions. The license for mocha shape does not go into mocha for AE. It goes into a specific directory depending if you are on WIN or MAC. Read the below instructions closely.
You need to download the actual .lic file and then create the directory. I will resend this to you.
Also note, that if you have never purchased a license for mocha for AEv2 (whether it is full OR academic) you are limited to 10 keyframe exports. There is no diffrence between full or academic license in functionality other than price.
Hope this helps. For more direct support, please email support@imagineersystems.com
>From the install notes:
Mocha Shape for After Effects Windows
To install the plug-in and the license please refer to the detailed instructions in ‘Release notes.pdf’ file included with the plug-in installer download, or follow the brief outline below.
* MAC OS X
o AE CS3
Create the directory /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS3/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer and copy the plug-in file ‘MochaShape.plugin’ into it
Create the directory /Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses and copy the license file ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ into it
o AE CS4
Create the directory /Applications/Adobe After Effects CS4/Plug-ins/Effects/Imagineer and copy the plug-in file ‘MochaShape.plugin’ into it
Create the directory /Library/Application Support/Imagineer Systems/FLEXlm/Licenses and copy the license file ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ into it Windows
o AE CS3
Create the directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS3\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\Imagineer and copy the plug-in file ‘MochaShape.aex’ into it
Create the directory C:\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing and copy the license file ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ into it
o AE CS4
Create the directory C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe After Effects CS4\Support Files\Plug-ins\Effects\Imagineer and copy the plug-in file ‘MochaShape.aex’ into it
Create the directory C:\Program Files\Imagineer Systems Ltd\Licensing and copy the license file ‘mochashape4ae-license.lic’ into it
—Quote (Originally by stevebol)—
My version of Mocha for AE V2 says “learning edition- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE”. I take this to mean it’s the academic version. I’m running Vista 64.
Any ideas?
—End Quote—

My version of Mocha for AE V2 says “learning edition- NOT FOR COMMERCIAL USE”. I take this to mean it’s the academic version.

Any ideas?

Ross,
Do I need to purchase the Mocha for AE V2 and Shape plugin BUNDLE for full funtionallity? Mocha for AE does not want to accept my license for the Shape plugin. I can probably get toolfarm to cancel my previous order to get the bundle.

Ross,
Do I need to purchase the Mocha for AE V2 and Shape plugin BUNDLE for full funtionallity? Mocha for AE does not want to accept my license for the Shape plugin. I can probably get toolfarm to cancel my previous order to get the bundle.

Ross,
Thanks for all your time and patience. I’ll try to sort out my installlation problems with support at Imagineer. I made a mess of things by trying to install the license in the soho edition that came with CS4 so it could take a while to sort this out.

I tried to buy the “license” for Mocha for AE from the option in the software but it didn’t go through. I’m in the US so it’s a hassle ordering from the UK. Hopefully I won’t be charged the $220 but I’m out for $60 from toolfarm for the Shape plugin. I give up. The world of modern finance is beyond me sometimes.
Thanks for your help anyway.

I tried to buy the “license” for Mocha for AE from the option in the software but it didn’t go through. I’m in the US so it’s a hassle ordering from the UK. Hopefully I won’t be charged the $220 but I’m out for $60 from toolfarm for the Shape plugin. I give up. The world of modern finance is beyond me sometimes.

Thanks for your help anyway.

Ross,
Thanks for all your time and patience. I’ll try to sort out my installlation problems with support at Imagineer. I made a mess of things by trying to install the license in the soho edition that came with CS4 so it could take a while to sort this out.