Shear and perspective in stabilization

Still wondering about this thing… Does anyone at Imagineer Systems have an answer to this?

I’m trying to stabilize a plane that changes in perspective. Should I have shear and perspective turned on when I’m tracking? How will these two settings affect my stabilizing back in AE?

I’m trying to stabilize a plane that changes in perspective. Should I have shear and perspective turned on when I’m tracking? How will these two settings affect my stabilizing back in AE?

Still wondering about this thing… Does anyone at Imagineer Systems have an answer to this?

—Quote (Originally by blockrocker)—
—End Quote—
If you need to stabilize the plane in perspective, you probably want to have perspective on in the track settings. It depends on the amount of perspective and the size of the object area you are tracking. If there is a large area with a lot of pixels on the plane, than turning on perspective should help. The rule of thumb is really experiment and align your surface to the plane after tracking to confirm your track is good before exporting to AE. Turning on perspective is not always necessary to get a good perspective track…

For stabilizing perspective in AE, you my want to look into the mochaImport script: http://aextensions.blogspot.com/2009/05/mochaimport.html
A script written to aid the AE artist in tasks like this.

Most importantly, you will need to export corner pin out out of mocha for AE. In most stabilization shots you only need x,y, and rotation but to stabilize perspective you do need the export corner pin to AE not whether or not you tracked with perspective on or not.

Hope this helps.
-R

—Quote (Originally by blockrocker)—
—End Quote—
If you need to stabilize the plane in perspective, you probably want to have perspective on in the track settings. It depends on the amount of perspective and the size of the object area you are tracking. If there is a large area with a lot of pixels on the plane, than turning on perspective should help. The rule of thumb is really experiment and align your surface to the plane after tracking to confirm your track is good before exporting to AE. Turning on perspective is not always necessary to get a good perspective track…
For stabilizing perspective in AE, you my want to look into the mochaImport script: http://aextensions.blogspot.com/2009/05/mochaimport.html
A script written to aid the AE artist in tasks like this.
Most importantly, you will need to export corner pin out out of mocha for AE. In most stabilization shots you only need x,y, and rotation but to stabilize perspective you do need the export corner pin to AE not whether or not you tracked with perspective on or not.
Hope this helps.
-R