Shifting Anchor Point in AE

Hey everyone,

I am trying to do something very simple. I want a rotating text to be on my palm.

I have a footage of my palm and I had it tracked fantastically on mocha for AE.

The problem lies in the part where I try to rotate the text in AE. The tracking is beautiful, but when I try to rotate the text (which I have already precomp-ed), the text does not rotate about itself due to the anchor point being in the centre of the frame.

I tried to resolve the problem by shifting the anchor point, centralizing it to the text but this screws everything up.

The list of things I tried to resolve this problem but to no avail:

1. Shifting the anchor point on the precomp text layer before pasting the track data.

2. Using a null layer and pasting the track data (transform data) on it, then parenting the precomp text layer(with the anchor point centralized to the text).

3. Precomping the null layer and pasting the track data (transform data) on it, then parenting the precomp text layer(with the anchor point centralized to the text) <<< lol I’m that desperate.

4. Praying

Someone please help me. :confused:

Hey everyone,
I am trying to do something very simple. I want a rotating text to be on my palm.
I have a footage of my palm and I had it tracked fantastically on mocha for AE.
The problem lies in the part where I try to rotate the text in AE. The tracking is beautiful, but when I try to rotate the text (which I have already precomp-ed), the text does not rotate about itself due to the anchor point being in the centre of the frame.
I tried to resolve the problem by shifting the anchor point, centralizing it to the text but this screws everything up.

The list of things I tried to resolve this problem but to no avail:

1. Shifting the anchor point on the precomp text layer before pasting the track data.
  2. Using a null layer and pasting the track data (transform data) on it, then parenting the precomp text layer(with the anchor point centralized to the text).
  3. Precomping the null layer and pasting the track data (transform data) on it, then parenting the precomp text layer(with the anchor point centralized to the text) <<< lol I’m that desperate.
  4. Praying

Someone please help me. :confused: