Silhouette 2020.5 centos 7 seg fault

Hi guys,
For a reason and that’s why I’m writing here, Silhouette 2020.5 is creating a segmentation fault after some configurations. I open Silhouette, update ocio configuration and after that, Silhouette does not open. By deleting cms.ocio_config=/<path_to_ocio_file> in Silhouette2020.conf in the .config folder, everything is working fine again. I was wondering why is that?

I know I can set OCIO variable but I since I am using an OCIO by shot and other software that could use this variable, I kind of want to avoid setting a variable.

I was thinking that this should preferences should be store into the sfx project when they are set so it is not interfering with global layout or something. :slight_smile:

Thank you very much

You can always use SFX_OCIO instead which will override it only for Silhouette.
But the crash could be due to your config. Note that Silhouette 2020.5 uses OCIO 2, which is still a bit in pre-release. If you like, file a support ticket and send us your config (or a download link), and I’ll take a look at why it’s crashing.

Thanks for replying to me.
I did some tests on my side and it seems it is some ocio configurations that give the problem. The original works fine but I can’t get it to work under production ocio configuration. It gives me
“Could not compile shader ‘viewer’:\n0(33) : warning C1503: undefined variable “OCIODisplay”\n0(33) : error C1008: undefined variable “OCIODisplay”\n”
./run.sh: line 5: 5001 Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Even if I set SFX_OCIO, I get this error. I can’t quite pin point what is the problem though. I am still making tests on my side.
thanks again

Hmm, that definitely shouldn’t happen - unless maybe your custom config is not loading for some reason.
Can we get a copy of it to look at?

The OCIO crashes on spi1d file: spi1d failed with: ‘At line 5127: Not enough entries found’.
Saving, close, reopen and nothings happen. Any Idea?

Is that LUT file perfectly valid? The newer version of OpenColorIO in Silhouette 2020.5+ is more picky on files being valid.

It is valid in other software but how can you know if it is valid for 2020.5? It works in 2020.0.3

It’s because we are using OpenColorIO 2.0 in 2020.5. If you can isolate any reproducible case you can send me I’ll get it fixed.

As soon as I build something, I’ll let you know.