Silhouette 2020 composite view not working?

Can anybody please help! I was using silhouette 4.7 before and I can check there in composite mode while doing Roto that is it coming okay or not. Here overlay and alpha I can see but can’t see in composite view my actual character which I did roto eliminating the bg. Does Silhouette 2020 lacks that?? I am confused!

Silhouette since v6 uses a node graph so you’ll need to drag your BG source into the Tree window and then drag a wire from the output port on there to the background input port on the Roto node.

1 Like

In the Roto node, select View > Color Comp and the color gray will appear everywhere but where the shape is located.

1 Like

After Creating the shape by Bezier or X-spline tool, when I click A (alpha) the entire window becomes white or blue. only the shape should have been shown but even though I click view>composite mode or bg it is the same. Entire screen along with the bg turns white or blue. Please kindly check the images I shared.

Hey, you can use the ‘Swap Channels’ node underneath your sourceplate and set the Alpha to Black to remove any existing alpha before you do any roto or paint work in Silhouette

1 Like

In addition to the Swap Channels method described by @joshbarham, you can click on the Source in the Trees window and then in the Node parameters, set the Alpha > Fill to Transparent.

1 Like

@marco
Could you guys please share a clip or screenshot of how to do it. I’m Very confused, I’m a student and neither my teacher knows how to do it. They’re using old silhouette still. I want to lean and do Roto here and I’m facing little issue regarding this new silhouette.

It just looks like your source material has an embedded, opaque alpha.
In the Trees window, click on the Source node. In the node parameters, change Alpha Fill to Transparent. That should fix the problem.

1 Like

Here’s a screenshot that should help.

1 Like

@marco @joshbarham @joshbarham
Okay I got it, problem is solved. I changed it to transparent. Thanks a lot guys really appreciate the help. I just want to know one more thing. Like how we could click A and check alpha and slack com, can we also see the output, I mean the composition only Roto part.

Got it Thank You :grinning: :hugs: