Silhouette and After Effects / is it crippled?

If I run the Silhouette App I get these node folders:

If I run Silhouette as an Effect in After Effects I only get these node folders.

This is what I get when I run the app:

There is a bunch missing. Am I missing something or is this a Bug or done intentionally by design.

M1 Macbook Pro - pretty loaded, AE22, latest as of June 26 and AE Beta both exhibit the same behavior.

The only OFX plug-in supported in the Silhouette plug-in is Mocha Pro. Sapphire is only included in the Silhouette standalone. This comparison chart outlines what’s what: Boris FX | Silhouette 2022

1 Like

Thank you for the info.

So I guess my question is, how do you migrate footage in After Effects comp when it is color corrected, trimmed, or pre-composed to the Silhouette stand-alone? I can open the saved project from AE, but the footage is missing. I think I need to Pre-compose the layer, render and replace it in the comp, then add the footage to the project, somehow replacing the empty source node.

Pre-composing the layer, rendering and replacing the source in the standalone would be the way to go.

That is what I thought, but I have not been able to figure out how to replace the source yet. I can add a source but can’t place it in the input node.

Alt-click drag the imported clip from the Sources window, drop it on the source thumbnail you want to replace in the Trees window and then release the Alt key. The clip in the Trees window is replaced.

Thank you, Marco. I’ll give that a try.

I still occasionally have problems opening Silhouette for After Effects. If I catch crash problems, I"ll try and make a screen recording of the problem and the solution.