Silhouette and Latest Premier Pro 2022?

Inside 2022 Premier and After Effects plugin does not open. hangs. Works in Adobe 2021 as before. When will Silhouette 2022 work inside adobe CC2022?

They hang at loading OFX plugins. It did load and open once in adobe 2022. but only once.

thanks

I am able to run Silhouette 2022 on my machines with Premiere Pro and After Effects.

Are you running Silhouette 2022.0.1?

What OS/version?

What version of Premiere Pro?

Can you provide your hardware specs?

MacBook Pro M1Max 64G ram. 32GPU. OSX 12.4

Silhouette 2022.0.1. (I downloaded this morning and installed)

Premiere Pro version 2022 (22.5)
After Effects 2022. (22.5)

It looks like you are using a Boris FX Suite license. Can you deactivate and then activate again?

oh ok. I will try

Hi, I deauthorised and authorised Silhouette. I was able t get Plugin to open once. I named the sfx session. saved and closed. and saved Premier. when I try to reopen Silhouette interface it hangs again. It gets to loading OFX Plugins and just spins the beachball

Now it seems Premier pro 2021 and 2022 both hangs. won’t open plugin interface. stand alone seems to work fine.

If I deauthorize license do i do it thru application manager? I just did it with the Deactiavte Silhouette license app in application folder. and when I opened the stand alone I put in the Boris Effects suite license and it actiavted again.

The way you deactivated/activated is OK.

Can you please try the following:

• Uninstall Silhouette
  • Reinstall Silhouette
  • Open a Finder window
  • Select Go from the menu bar at the top of the screen
  • Hold down the Option key to reveal the Library folder option in the dropdown menu and select it
  • In the Preferences folder, delete all Silhouette.plist files
  • Start PPro and apply a new instance of Silhouette
  • Open Silhouette

Does this fix the issue?

Still have the same issue. I had previously deleted preferences as well. I also deleted plugin cache and preferences on premier pro as well. same issue. hangs on interface load

If you remove the contents of your /Macintosh HD/Library/OFX/Plugins folder, can you launch Silhouette? If so, put the plug-ins back one at a time to see which one may be hanging Silhouette.

thanks. I will try this and update

Tried this. still hangs. Silouette module hangs at same OFX plugin line. even with all OFX plugins removed from folder.

Can you please provide your Silhouette log file as it may help us determine what is happening:

• Open a Finder window
  • Select Go from the menu bar at the top of the screen
  • Hold down the Option key to reveal the Library folder option in the dropdown menu and select it
  • Go to /Library/Logs/BorisFX/Silhouette 2022
  • Attach the Silhouette.log file

Thanks Roger. We’ll take a look.

Can you delete the two .log files in the log dir, create a new projetct, relaunch SI, and then send me the log files again?

silhouette.log.txt (25.0 KB)
silhouette_plugin_log.txt (3.7 KB)

thanks

@roger We can’t tell why it’s hanging from the logs. It seems to be activating the Paint Node and then there is nothing left in the log. Is it possible to get the your Silhouette and PPro projects, along with the media? The media clip can be short.

Yeah. I can email/link it to you with a small clip. Where can I send it?

Click on my image thumbnail and select Message.

This occurs when the Render parameter is set to Paint and you enter the project on a frame other than frame 1. For now, make sure you are on frame 1 when opening Silhouette.

We are working on a fix. If it checks out, I will provide you with a link.