Silhouette Stand alone crashing

Just purchased SI and it crashes on start up on my MacBook Pro and iMac Pro

Big Sur on both systems

Can you provide a crash report?

Sure

(Attachment Silhouette_2021-04-20-183709_Stans-iMac-Pro.crash is missing)

(Attachment Silhouette_2021-04-20-183709_Stans-iMac-Pro.crash is missing)

We’ll take a look. Thanks.

Your crash report indicates a crash with Silhouette Paint. Can you clarify if you were running the Silhouette Standalone or Silhouette Paint in a host application?

I use to have silhouette paint that I use in AE then purchased the stand alone but it won’t open at all but Si paint opens in the host

Can you please try the following?

• In the Finder, hold down the Option key when using the Go menu and select Library
  • Navigate to the Preferences folder
  • Delete any .plist file that includes "silhouette "
  • Empty the Trash

Can you run the Silhouette Standalone now?

Yes sir, I did that earlier no luck

Can you please try the following?

• Open a Terminal window
  • type: cd ‘/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS’
  • type: ./Silhouette
  • Copy and paste the contents of the Terminal window here after Silhouette crashes

Last login: Thu Apr 22 10:07:54 on ttys001
famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % cd’/Applications/SilhouetteFXSilhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS’
zsh: no such file or directory: cd/Applications/SilhouetteFXSilhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS
famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % ./Silhouette
zsh: no such file or directory: ./Silhouette
famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ %

Sorry, needed quotes in the first command.

Can you please try again?

• Open a Terminal window
  • type: cd “/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS”
  • type: ./Silhouette
  • Copy and paste the contents of the Terminal window here after Silhouette crashes

famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % cd “/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS”
cd: string not in pwd: “/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette

Sorry, once again. The forum is changing the quotes from straight quotes to curly quotes.

Please follow the previous instructions but replace the quotes by retyping them on your machine.

You are welcome to remote in on my MacBook if needed

Please follow these instructions but replace the quotes on #2 below by retyping them on your machine.

1. Open a Terminal window
  2. type: cd “/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS”
  3. type: ./Silhouette
  4. Copy and paste the contents of the Terminal window here after Silhouette crashes

I am not sure what is going on with your machine as it is running fine here on our Big Sur machines. Just trying to gather any information that will help diagnose the issue.

famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % cd"/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS"
zsh: no such file or directory: cd/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette 2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS

This is very frustrating for this to happen on both computers, I don’t have a clue to what’s preventing this program to open

You need to add a space between cd and " and then it will work.

What is is I’m looking for this to do?

famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % cd “/Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS”
cd: no such file or directory: /Applications/SilhouetteFX/Silhouette2020.5/Silhouette.app/Contents/MacOS
famelittle@FAMEs-MacBook-Pro ~ % ./Sihouette
zsh: no such file or directory: ./Sihouette