Silhouette Supported GPUs for Mocha Tracking?

Hi guys,

Is there a list available that specifies what GPU’s are compatible with Silhouette for the mocha gpu tracking? It’s just there’s been issues on previous versions where the mocha tracking does not work correctly unless you run silhouette with gpu tracking switched off in the prefs. Quadro4000s and gtx970’s seemed to be the main culprits but it would be great to know if they should be compatible or not in 2020.

Cheers!

According to our specs, we require NVIDIA GTX 460 or better and AMD Radeon 57xx series or better.

When you say, “the mocha tracking does not work correctly unless you run silhouette with gpu tracking switched off in the prefs”, what exactly is happening? Is the tracking failing completely or is there an error in the result?

Please note that Mocha GPU tracking was introduced in Silhouette v7.5. Previous versions would have been CPU only.

Sorry Marco, to be more specific on that issue, with gpu mocha tracking turned on in prefs in v7.5, what was happening a lot of the time was the mocha tracker started to run but it just didn’t follow the area you were tracking at all, literally as if the plate was just not there and your shape/track would just start floating and jump around. It didn’t always happen on the same workstation, but the only thing that changed when it would & wouldn’t happen was different sized plates but it was never really confirmed.
Either way turning off gpu tracking in the prefs completely stopped the tracking issue and its been fine ever since. I believe we were running latest drivers etc, but it was just a concern if upgrading to v2020.

So I have just tested this again on v2020.0.3 running a gtx970 and the issue is unfortunately still happening for me, but not in every project… A script working with a session/plate size of 3840x2160 works ok but another project with a size of 2578x1450 is not and the tracker goes crazy with gpu turned on! Sorry if this not much help but happy to try and give more info if needed to try and solve, :smiley:

Are you able to successfully track the shot that is going haywire in the Mocha Pro v5 or later Standalone?

There is a list of support GPU for Mocha Pro here: https://borisfx.com/support/supported-graphics-cards/

Scroll down on that page.

I assume same will go for the Mocha tracker included with Silhouette. Will check and get back.

@marco Tested on Mocha Pro 2019 Standalone version 6.0.3 and tracking worked fine and as expected. Tested same shot & area again in Silhouette with the the inbuilt mocha tracker and it started going haywire.

Thanks for the link, ittle bit more info if it helps…

GeForce GTX 970
Total Memory: 4096mb
Bus Type: PCI Express x16 Gen3
CUDA Cores: 1664
VBIOS Version: 84.04.31.00.b6

Happening on Quadro4000 too. Thanks!

I am not sure it has anything to do with the graphics card. Rather, it could be the Mocha library we use in Silhouette. I’ll let the programmers comment here.

I will create a 2578x1450 project and see if I can replicate the problem.

Any chance of getting a project and images that show the problem?

If I can re-create the issue on my personal machine tonight I can send that over but not work scripts /images currently unfortunately (although as we spoke about before, possibly soon).

Also I just reformatted a 4K plate down which was having no mocha gpu tracking issues in silhouette, to 2578x1450 and the tracking issue happened!

I was able to replicate the problem and will file an issue. Thanks!

Oh awesome! Cheers :smiley:

Was worried might have to update the GPU!