Silhoutte plugin for after effects is not showing up in the effect menu?

Any thoughts on why silhouette plugin is not showing up in the effects panel? i have it loaded in the plugins folder for after effects. I’m on the M1 Max mac with the latest versio of AE and MacOSMonterey

This workaround found online did not work for me.
"try moving the set(s) of plug-ins that aren’t loading to outside of the plug-ins folder, then hold down Shift while launching to clear the plug-in cache. The plug-ins still in the plug-in folder should okay. Then move the problem plug-in set(s) back into the plug-ins folder, and launch (without holding Shift this time). This means the plug-ins re-added will be loaded incrementally. "

Any help would be great.

Welcome @kath
In /Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/BorisFX, you should see a Silhouette 2022 folder. Do you see that?

Nope. I only see mocha pro and sapphire.

Sorry to make you run through the basics, but can you do the following?

• Close After Effects.
  • Run the Silhouette installer.
  • Go to /Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/7.0/MediaCore/BorisFX and you should see a Silhouette 2022 folder.
  • Start After Effects and the Silhouette plug-in should be available in the Boris FX Silhouette effects group.

Lifesaver! This worked for me. I’ve been reinstalling with the Silhouette 2021.5 version as that’s the one i had a license for. And that didnt work no matter what i did. So this time around, i installed the silhouette 2022 version and then installed the 2021.5 version and i see the AE silhouette plugin now. Not sure why it’s working now but it did.

Thank you so much for taking the time for your reply. I’ve been trying to struggling with this issue for the longest time.