Software Updates for 2.6.2

I am currently Mocha Pro 2.6.2 user.
My question is - will be there more updates for this version because I am still expecting lots of issues to be fixed.

Hi Ribel,

2.6.2 was the last 2.x.x version of mocha Pro.

We addressed some defects from 2.6.2 in V3, but if there are ones in particular you were concerned about, let us know.

Hi Ribel,
2.6.2 was the last 2.x.x version of mocha Pro.
We addressed some defects from 2.6.2 in V3, but if there are ones in particular you were concerned about, let us know.

Hi there,
Yes, we update our software all the time. We just came out with mocha Pro 3.0.2 today.
The update to mocha Pro 2.6.2 has been out since NAB, it’s called mocha Pro V3 and it is a paid upgrade unless you’re on support. If you are not on support, I highly recommend being on it. If you’d like to know more about our versioning and our upgrades, please check out our upgrade FAQ here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/purchase/pre-sales-faq
Let me know if you have any questions, and I am happy to help.
Cheers,
Mary

Hi Ribel,

Our software is a constantly growing animal, the 2.6.2 release is a stable release. But if you’re experiencing problems it may be due to other factors. :slight_smile:

I totally understand where you’re coming from about updates and not upgrades, but we have to have an upgrading system to continue to update software. At Imagineer we do our best to provide high quality products and support of those products. Point releases that include bug fixes and known issues are almost always delivered free of charge, like the newest one I mentioned to you (but that’s for V3 and obviously not 2.6.2). For upgrade releases that introduce value added new features, we do charge to support the ongoing development and improvement of our product line, which is why we charge for the V3 upgrade. But we don’t tend to go backwards in our product line and continue to update older software when there’s new versions that also need the attention of our development team unless something is catastrophically wrong with the older point versions. That being said, there will always be bugs in any software release, and we often fix them within a short time of discovering them
or we find workarounds for you.

As to your relink issue, that isn’t something I’ve run into unless someone is trying to relink an unsupported video format. Maybe try re-installing the software? (You can download it under legacy software here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/download-legacy-view ) There might be something strange going on with your install. I know no one ever wants to hear “reinstall your software and restart your machine, and see if the issue still occurs,” but you’d be surprised how much that can straighten out odd, outlying issues.

Also make sure your graphics card on both machines has the latest and greatest drivers, you can find those on your card’s homepage. You also want to make sure your quicktime is up to date.

What codec/image format are you trying to relink? If it continues to happen could you send us a screengrab of what is going on? Or possibly send us the file. There might be something we can figure out for you.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Yes, we update our software all the time. We just came out with mocha Pro 3.0.2 today.

The update to mocha Pro 2.6.2 has been out since NAB, it’s called mocha Pro V3 and it is a paid upgrade unless you’re on support. If you are not on support, I highly recommend being on it. If you’d like to know more about our versioning and our upgrades, please check out our upgrade FAQ here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/purchase/pre-sales-faq

Let me know if you have any questions, and I am happy to help.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Ribel,
Our software is a constantly growing animal, the 2.6.2 release is a stable release. But if you’re experiencing problems it may be due to other factors. :slight_smile:
I totally understand where you’re coming from about updates and not upgrades, but we have to have an upgrading system to continue to update software. At Imagineer we do our best to provide high quality products and support of those products. Point releases that include bug fixes and known issues are almost always delivered free of charge, like the newest one I mentioned to you (but that’s for V3 and obviously not 2.6.2). For upgrade releases that introduce value added new features, we do charge to support the ongoing development and improvement of our product line, which is why we charge for the V3 upgrade. But we don’t tend to go backwards in our product line and continue to update older software when there’s new versions that also need the attention of our development team unless something is catastrophically wrong with the older point versions. That being said, there will always be bugs in any software release, and we often fix them within a short time of discovering them
or we find workarounds for you.
As to your relink issue, that isn’t something I’ve run into unless someone is trying to relink an unsupported video format. Maybe try re-installing the software? (You can download it under legacy software here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/download-legacy-view ) There might be something strange going on with your install. I know no one ever wants to hear “reinstall your software and restart your machine, and see if the issue still occurs,” but you’d be surprised how much that can straighten out odd, outlying issues.
Also make sure your graphics card on both machines has the latest and greatest drivers, you can find those on your card’s homepage. You also want to make sure your quicktime is up to date.
What codec/image format are you trying to relink? If it continues to happen could you send us a screengrab of what is going on? Or possibly send us the file. There might be something we can figure out for you.
Cheers,
Mary

I am currently Mocha Pro 2.6.2 user.
My question is - will be there more updates for this version because I am still expecting lots of issues to be fixed.

Hi, Mary!
I meant “update” not “upgrade”
As far as I know an update comes with some bug fixing of the current version, and upgrade ads new features to the program and thus it comes with a new version.
So with the new version on the horizon I am just curious will be there more updates for 2.6.2 version or that’s it?

Hi, Mary!
I meant “update” not “upgrade”
As far as I know an update comes with some bug fixing of the current version, and upgrade ads new features to the program and thus it comes with a new version.

So with the new version on the horizon I am just curious will be there more updates for 2.6.2 version or that’s it?

Well that saddens me if 2.6.2 won’t be updated anymore.
How could you invest in new version if the older one is not stable?
An example
I know posting here won’t do much but you may try this.

1. Save and move a project file in another location.
  2. While opening the file in Mocha it will ask you to Relink the Clip.
  3. Instead of searching for the clip just press the Cancel button.
    Mocha crashes. :slight_smile:
    Can anyone confirm the same?

Well that saddens me if 2.6.2 won’t be updated anymore.
How could you invest in new version if the older one is not stable?

An example
I know posting here won’t do much but you may try this.

1. Save and move a project file in another location.
  2. While opening the file in Mocha it will ask you to Relink the Clip.
  3. Instead of searching for the clip just press the Cancel button.
    Mocha crashes. :slight_smile:

Can anyone confirm the same?