Some problem when creating cleanplate

Hi, today i got a chance to install mocha 3 trial on mac osx 10.6.8 snow leopard. I got couple of question about mocha :

1. How to delete selected cleanplate from the cleanplate list ? is there any way?
  2. error mesg : " Couldn’t create cleanplate clip: Current cleanplate clip is not a discrete cleanplate clip. "
    in remove module, after i created a clean plate list then let say in the cleanplate clip dropdown menu, i select ‘none’ , then if i press ‘create’ , i will got that error message. So whatever i try i’ll never be able to ‘create’ a new cleanplate again ( pressing the ‘create’ will always pop up that error). The only way i can do is by re-importing → in dropdown , select ‘import’ but again, my cleanplate list is wiped out. This is not good.
  3. The ‘preview’ button in cleanplate list window, how does it work ? i try to do ‘preview’ by turn it on, but nothing happen.
    Thanx

Hi, today i got a chance to install mocha 3 trial on mac osx 10.6.8 snow leopard. I got couple of question about mocha :

1. How to delete selected cleanplate from the cleanplate list ? is there any way?

2. error mesg : " Couldn’t create cleanplate clip: Current cleanplate clip is not a discrete cleanplate clip. "
    in remove module, after i created a clean plate list then let say in the cleanplate clip dropdown menu, i select ‘none’ , then if i press ‘create’ , i will got that error message. So whatever i try i’ll never be able to ‘create’ a new cleanplate again ( pressing the ‘create’ will always pop up that error). The only way i can do is by re-importing -> in dropdown , select ‘import’ but again, my cleanplate list is wiped out. This is not good.

3. The ‘preview’ button in cleanplate list window, how does it work ? i try to do ‘preview’ by turn it on, but nothing happen.

Thanx

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
To delete a clean plate, use the clip tab to select the clean plate clip and then press delete.
There are a couple of defects in the clean plate tools discovered recently, so number 2 and 3 at the moment are being fixed. You can preview the clean plates by viewing them via the viewer drop down instead.
Because you are working with clean plates it may not always be able to convert your original clean plate to a blurred section of the background, especially if you are using them exclusively. For these sections it would be better to create another clean plate that has the motion blur added.
—End Quote—
Hi Martin , thanx for the answers and tips :slight_smile: . About deleting cleanplates from the clip tab … yes i found that solution from this forum, but that’s not exactly what i’m looking for. In remove module, i go to dropdown ,select import , then i pick multiple files as my cleanplates (let say i will select 25 cleanplates). So all the 25 frames will be loaded in the list . I will refer to this as the LIST. So in my list i have 25 items/cleanplates. Now here’s the case … later, i might want to discard some of the frames from the list , so i mean i want to exclude (take out) some still/cleanplate from the list. For example i want to take 5 cleanplates out of that 25 plates. If i delete the cleanplate in the clip tab as u suggested then i will remove/delete the whole list. This is not i want, coz i then need to reload/rebuild the list again.
Btw, here i want to spot other thing :

• can i manage multiple cleanplates list ( Multiple LIST). Right now, if i create a cleanplates list, i can press ‘edit’ button to edit the list. But if i choose/select something else from the list then go back re select my list again. The ‘edit’ button is not working anymore. I lost my LIST. I thought i can manage multiple list where i can select which on to work on. Is this a bug?
  • When loading multiple frames, mocha need feature to be able to load the sequence in order, right now even i manage the filename like : plate.1.tiff , plate.2.tiff… plate.9.tiff. When they’re loaded into the list , the order got scrumbled.
  • Drop down menu: In some case where i used a long name for the clip, all the item’s label/name inside the dropdown list were cropped, so it’s hard to tell which one is which.
    Thanx

—Quote (Originally by martinb)—
To delete a clean plate, use the clip tab to select the clean plate clip and then press delete.

There are a couple of defects in the clean plate tools discovered recently, so number 2 and 3 at the moment are being fixed. You can preview the clean plates by viewing them via the viewer drop down instead.

Because you are working with clean plates it may not always be able to convert your original clean plate to a blurred section of the background, especially if you are using them exclusively. For these sections it would be better to create another clean plate that has the motion blur added.
—End Quote—
Hi Martin , thanx for the answers and tips :slight_smile: . About deleting cleanplates from the clip tab … yes i found that solution from this forum, but that’s not exactly what i’m looking for. In remove module, i go to dropdown ,select import , then i pick multiple files as my cleanplates (let say i will select 25 cleanplates). So all the 25 frames will be loaded in the list . I will refer to this as the LIST. So in my list i have 25 items/cleanplates. Now here’s the case … later, i might want to discard some of the frames from the list , so i mean i want to exclude (take out) some still/cleanplate from the list. For example i want to take 5 cleanplates out of that 25 plates. If i delete the cleanplate in the clip tab as u suggested then i will remove/delete the whole list. This is not i want, coz i then need to reload/rebuild the list again.

Btw, here i want to spot other thing :

• can i manage multiple cleanplates list ( Multiple LIST). Right now, if i create a cleanplates list, i can press ‘edit’ button to edit the list. But if i choose/select something else from the list then go back re select my list again. The ‘edit’ button is not working anymore. I lost my LIST. I thought i can manage multiple list where i can select which on to work on. Is this a bug?

• When loading multiple frames, mocha need feature to be able to load the sequence in order, right now even i manage the filename like : plate.1.tiff , plate.2.tiff… plate.9.tiff. When they’re loaded into the list , the order got scrumbled.

• Drop down menu: In some case where i used a long name for the clip, all the item’s label/name inside the dropdown list were cropped, so it’s hard to tell which one is which.

Thanx

another problem :
I got 3 layers : base layer (1st layer), A (second layer), B (third layer/topmost layer) . Layer A is between the Base and layer B. My current layer is A , when using remove module , the layer B will hold out (mask out) the render process , the fact that i already turn off the visibility and render of the layer B. Is this a bug? to solve this , i have to move layer A all the way to the top, so layer B won’t interfere.
Thanx

another problem :
I got 3 layers : base layer (1st layer), A (second layer), B (third layer/topmost layer) . Layer A is between the Base and layer B. My current layer is A , when using remove module , the layer B will hold out (mask out) the render process , the fact that i already turn off the visibility and render of the layer B. Is this a bug? to solve this , i have to move layer A all the way to the top, so layer B won’t interfere.

Thanx

—Quote (Originally by andiokemz)—
another problem :
I got 3 layers : base layer (1st layer), A (second layer), B (third layer/topmost layer) . Layer A is between the Base and layer B. My current layer is A , when using remove module , the layer B will hold out (mask out) the render process , the fact that i already turn off the visibility and render of the layer B. Is this a bug?
Thanx
—End Quote—
i found the solution : apparently , i need to ‘deactivate’ the layer (select layer, right-click , select ‘toggle active…’) . This is weird that there’s no flag telling me that the layer is in what state (active or not active?). I thought toggle the visibility (eye icon) will automatically turn off the ‘active’ state. So how can i tell if the layer has been actived or deactivated by looking at the layer list ? if let say i got 100 layers, how can i tell which layer is active and which one is not? there is no indicator or flag. The only way is by inspecting the layers one by one, which will take time. Any tips ?
Thanx

—Quote (Originally by andiokemz)—
another problem :
I got 3 layers : base layer (1st layer), A (second layer), B (third layer/topmost layer) . Layer A is between the Base and layer B. My current layer is A , when using remove module , the layer B will hold out (mask out) the render process , the fact that i already turn off the visibility and render of the layer B. Is this a bug?

Thanx
—End Quote—
i found the solution : apparently , i need to ‘deactivate’ the layer (select layer, right-click , select ‘toggle active…’) . This is weird that there’s no flag telling me that the layer is in what state (active or not active?). I thought toggle the visibility (eye icon) will automatically turn off the ‘active’ state. So how can i tell if the layer has been actived or deactivated by looking at the layer list ? if let say i got 100 layers, how can i tell which layer is active and which one is not? there is no indicator or flag. The only way is by inspecting the layers one by one, which will take time. Any tips ?

Thanx

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,
The holdout of masks from the top to the bottom is not a bug in mocha, it is a feature. This is user defined. If you don’t want it held out you can just drag it into a layer below.
And yes, you can also deactivate your layers in mocha. If you have 100 layers in your shot, I hope you are using V3 and using our nested layers features, and that you are using good naming conventions for your shapes.
Glad you figured it out!
Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Hi Mary, thanx a lot for explaining the layer behaviour. Feature request: It will be great if mocha have additional column for telling us the state of the layer. So i can visually tell which layer is active without have to touch anything . Just like the visibility and render flag, it’s handy… you can clearly see which layer will be rendered just by shortly inspecting the layer list. Also turning on/off will be faster, all i need is single click to on or off the column.
Thanx

—Quote (Originally by MaryP)—
Hi there,

The holdout of masks from the top to the bottom is not a bug in mocha, it is a feature. This is user defined. If you don’t want it held out you can just drag it into a layer below.

And yes, you can also deactivate your layers in mocha. If you have 100 layers in your shot, I hope you are using V3 and using our nested layers features, and that you are using good naming conventions for your shapes.

Glad you figured it out!

Cheers,
Mary
—End Quote—
Hi Mary, thanx a lot for explaining the layer behaviour. Feature request: It will be great if mocha have additional column for telling us the state of the layer. So i can visually tell which layer is active without have to touch anything . Just like the visibility and render flag, it’s handy… you can clearly see which layer will be rendered just by shortly inspecting the layer list. Also turning on/off will be faster, all i need is single click to on or off the column.

Thanx

Hi there,
Glad you figured it out!
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

Glad you figured it out!

Cheers,
Mary