Sony EX-1 Mpeg-4 Footage will not import

Mocha for AE does not import my Mpeg4 footage that is from a Sony EX1, however it does import Mpeg4 footage that I render out of AfterEffects. What is the difference??? :confused:
Must I always convert my Sony footage>
Is there a list of what footage is does not accept. Or will I just know when I try to import it.
Thanks
Mocha for AE version 2.3.0 on a Mac
AE CS5.5
OS 10.6.8

Thank you very much

Thank you very much

Mocha for AE does not import my Mpeg4 footage that is from a Sony EX1, however it does import Mpeg4 footage that I render out of AfterEffects. What is the difference??? :confused:

Must I always convert my Sony footage>
Is there a list of what footage is does not accept. Or will I just know when I try to import it.

Thanks

Mocha for AE version 2.3.0 on a Mac
AE CS5.5
OS 10.6.8

Hi there,
The difference is between standard codecs and Sony specific codecs. While we try to support many of the codecs that compositing and editing programs deliver, we do not always support camera-specific codecs.
Therefor, I could not give you an accurate ETA on when mocha will work with native Sony Mpeg4 footage.
We tend to support uncompressed or common compression footage more than the various compression codecs on the market, so uncompressed or JPEG compressed .MOVs or Mpeg4s should be fine for you to use.
Hopefully that answers your questions!
Cheers,
Mary

Hi there,

The difference is between standard codecs and Sony specific codecs. While we try to support many of the codecs that compositing and editing programs deliver, we do not always support camera-specific codecs.

Therefor, I could not give you an accurate ETA on when mocha will work with native Sony Mpeg4 footage.

We tend to support uncompressed or common compression footage more than the various compression codecs on the market, so uncompressed or JPEG compressed .MOVs or Mpeg4s should be fine for you to use.

Hopefully that answers your questions!

Cheers,
Mary