Stabalize a heli flight with mocha

I have here a 1920 x 1080 HD Video of a remote heli flight.
7 minutes and very shaky.
I want to make a general stabilisation of the footage so that the output could be 1280 x 720.
Is there an easy way with mocha for this workflow without setting tracking points or tracking areas ? Because if I work with tracking areas I could only stabalize just a few seconds and than the tracking area is out of the image.

Hi, Sorry for the delay in response, I have been away from the office for a few days. That link appears to be broken, but I can take a look at it if you get it back up. Please feel free to email me.
Cheers,
Mary

Yes, you can track the ground plane with multiple shapes. So you’d add x-splines to the same layer OR you would unlink the x-spline from it’s own track and track the ground as well. Turn on your surface and grid and align it to the ground while you track, this will help you see if you’re sticking on.
Hope that helps, if you continue to have issues, let me know.
Cheers,
Mary

Yes, you can track the ground plane with multiple shapes. So you’d add x-splines to the same layer OR you would unlink the x-spline from it’s own track and track the ground as well. Turn on your surface and grid and align it to the ground while you track, this will help you see if you’re sticking on.

Hope that helps, if you continue to have issues, let me know.

Cheers,
Mary

a little bit difficult , because the cam on the remote heli ist not filming the ground plane but.

I have here a 1920 x 1080 HD Video of a remote heli flight.
7 minutes and very shaky.
I want to make a general stabilisation of the footage so that the output could be 1280 x 720.
Is there an easy way with mocha for this workflow without setting tracking points or tracking areas ? Because if I work with tracking areas I could only stabalize just a few seconds and than the tracking area is out of the image.

I put the wmv file on my server . maybe you could have a look :wink:
http://www.sm1.de/data/heli.wmv
What is your idea for to stabalize the whole clip with mocha ?