Stabilize question

I have a scene of a forest with the camera moving through the trees, so there is no one object visible in the entire clip. I can track several trees from different parts of the clip but how do I link them so that the footage is treated as one long clip and give me access to the stabilize function to assist in smoothing out the motion.
Thanks for any advice

Hi Troy,
You can’t actually link multiple tracks together. You can do a multi-shape track on the same layer, or an unlinked track, but it sounds like you are getting trees from different planes.
Is there much parallax between the trees you are tracking? If not, you might be able to do a translation/scale/rotation track from one layer, and move the shapes over time (ie. stop the track and move the shape to a new trackable area, then keep tracking).
However if there is multiple levels of parallax (a tracked foreground tree moving faster than one in the background) your stabilisation may not look correct.

Hi Troy,

You can’t actually link multiple tracks together. You can do a multi-shape track on the same layer, or an unlinked track, but it sounds like you are getting trees from different planes.

Is there much parallax between the trees you are tracking? If not, you might be able to do a translation/scale/rotation track from one layer, and move the shapes over time (ie. stop the track and move the shape to a new trackable area, then keep tracking).

However if there is multiple levels of parallax (a tracked foreground tree moving faster than one in the background) your stabilisation may not look correct.

Do you see the ground the entire time? You might try tracking that as well to get some stabilize results.
You can move the ground spline all over the ground and it will still track the ground smoothly, it’s an option you might want to play with. Also, if you find your results are not what you want and you just need a little smoothing, you can try just tracking translation, scale, and rotation.
Cheers,
Mary

Do you see the ground the entire time? You might try tracking that as well to get some stabilize results.

You can move the ground spline all over the ground and it will still track the ground smoothly, it’s an option you might want to play with. Also, if you find your results are not what you want and you just need a little smoothing, you can try just tracking translation, scale, and rotation.

Cheers,
Mary

I have a scene of a forest with the camera moving through the trees, so there is no one object visible in the entire clip. I can track several trees from different parts of the clip but how do I link them so that the footage is treated as one long clip and give me access to the stabilize function to assist in smoothing out the motion.

Thanks for any advice

Thank you Martin for the reply, unfortunately Mocha isn?t suited for this clip then, warp stabilizer gives unsatisfactory results as well.

Thank you Martin for the reply, unfortunately Mocha isn?t suited for this clip then, warp stabilizer gives unsatisfactory results as well.

Thanks for the reply Mary I will try that

Thanks for the reply Mary I will try that