Stabilize Rotation

How do I stabilize the rotation in Mocha? After bringing the transform data from Mocha in to AE, if I leave the rotation keyframes the rotation looks worse, gets jittery, etc. If I delete the rotation keyframes leaving only the anchor point keyframes, then the position is smooth but the rotation issues are still there? How do I fix the rotation issues? And what’s the point of having rotation keyframes if they only make the footage worse?

Mocha tracks the rotation, and it adds it to AE rather than subtract it. Therefore the rotation is doubled. With the expression of -1 it subtracts the rotation rather than add it.

How do I stabilize the rotation in Mocha? After bringing the transform data from Mocha in to AE, if I leave the rotation keyframes the rotation looks worse, gets jittery, etc. If I delete the rotation keyframes leaving only the anchor point keyframes, then the position is smooth but the rotation issues are still there? How do I fix the rotation issues? And what’s the point of having rotation keyframes if they only make the footage worse?

Thanks for your reply, but it’s not the correct answer. I needed to add an expression to rotation: rotation*-1. This reverses the rotation which Mocha tracked. When I wasn’t doing this, the rotation issues were doubled.

Thanks for your reply, but it’s not the correct answer. I needed to add an expression to rotation: rotation*-1. This reverses the rotation which Mocha tracked. When I wasn’t doing this, the rotation issues were doubled.

Mocha tracks the rotation, and it adds it to AE rather than subtract it. Therefore the rotation is doubled. With the expression of -1 it subtracts the rotation rather than add it.

Hi Guys,
Check this post for the details.
http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showpost.php?p=1675&postcount=6
This is also mentioned in the mocha user guide, but I know no one reads that :wink:
J-P

Hi Guys,

Check this post for the details.

http://forum.imagineersystems.com/showpost.php?p=1675&postcount=6

This is also mentioned in the mocha user guide, but I know no one reads that :wink:

J-P

OK, not sure why the rotation is getting doubled though. Sounds like something I might try to duplicate.

Cheers,
Mary

You should just be able to track the rotation in your settings. If it’s making it worse, your tracking data probably isn’t very good. Find a different and better point to track towards the middle of the frame and use adjust track to tweak your planar track to something that works for your shot. Make sure you turn your grid on so you can see what the data is doing.
Cheers,
Mary

You should just be able to track the rotation in your settings. If it’s making it worse, your tracking data probably isn’t very good. Find a different and better point to track towards the middle of the frame and use adjust track to tweak your planar track to something that works for your shot. Make sure you turn your grid on so you can see what the data is doing.

Cheers,
Mary

OK, not sure why the rotation is getting doubled though. Sounds like something I might try to duplicate.
Cheers,
Mary