Strange layer reordering problem

When I hit the “+” on a layer drop-down, to view my sub-layers, but then want to close the top layer hit the “-”, Silhouette seems to lag for a split second then always shift the focus the of the mouse pointer and end up pulling some layers out of my sub-layer. I then have to hit UNDO once to put the sub-layers back into the top layer. It appears that this automatic reordering is occurring if the TREE window is not completely stretched downward, because I noticed the little scroll up/down arrow on the side of the window moves at the exact same moment the reordering problem happens.

Not sure if this is related but for what it’s worth, I feel like the drag n drop reordering of layers can feel overly sensitive at times, when trying to shift layers around, so I take extra care to be as precise as possible when moving layers up/down the tree.

Thanks for any help on this :slight_smile:

Hi there,

What OS are you on, what version of Silhouette, and what is your graphics card? I think we need some more details to narrow down this issue.

Hi Mary,

My specs are:
Graphics: AMD FirePro D700 6 GB

When I get a moment I’ll record it because it seems to be happening pretty consistently on the first click of the + of a layer with a lot shapes, but after the first click it seems to not happen again for that particular work session until I close down and restart/reopen the Silhouette project. Thanks for your help.