Strobe effect?

Hi, I’m trying to create a strobe effect, i’ve tried S_Flicker ( applied direct or onto an overlayed white solid) but i can’t to get a consistent flash, there is always a variability to the effect, a bit or randomness.
Is there another option, if not can i make a request?
Thanks.

1 Like

Great question - am curious about the answer as well.

Hi, it would nice just have an fx to just ‘add’ Boris team :wink::+1:

But @RomanAnthony I’ve been having a play, watched a few online vids & they all come up with similar results to what i was trying anyway.
I’ve created a very simple black - white - black - white … etc, mp4 clip, this can then be applied over a duplicate layer to mask, (turn on & off) an effect applied to the upper layer, such as a glow, lens flare, or over-exposer etc that gives a ‘flash’
I’ve put it in Google drive if you want to download n play, saves you having to :+1::grin:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XgRgiSf-K-PgrMvbDQIAtIvt2l9ZhKo3/view?usp=sharing

In these pics i added a S_Zap to an image a while ago then rendered as an mp4, i still have the orig jpg so just put that underneath, the B/W flashing mask on top with a mask generator, the Zap as i say could be swapped for a glow etc.
I know this is very simple & an obvious option but just thought i’d share, :wink::+1:

1 Like

Make sure the following params are set to 0

1. Random Luma Amp
  2. Random Color Amp
  3. Random Frequency

Once all these are zeroed out, you will have a consistent sine wave that you can now adjust frequency or amplitude to your liking and get that strobe you are looking for.

Thanks,
Brian

1 Like

Hi, thanks, I’m pretty sure i did that originally but i set it at that again, :+1:
Looking closer again at it, it’s not a randomness it’s a cycle as the fx repeats,

1 Like

Yes, that’s right. Use even numbers for your wave frequency and you will get a nice even strobe.

1 Like

Thank you @brian.fox and @Gid.Joiner for your help on this - it helped me as well, have a great week - Roman.

1 Like