Suggestions for Object Removal

I have shot a flyover of a hole on a golf course using a quadcopter, unfortunately there was nowhere out of shot to position ourselves and now the client would like the shot without the buggies and crew in shot!

I tried this manually in After Effects - which looks awful. I have also looked at tracking the offending items in Mocha AE and I’ve also watched several tutorials, where the ‘remove’ has been used, I have tried to use the remove feature in the trail version of Mocha Pro, but cannot get it to remove anything - can anyone give me any ideas if;
1 Mocha Pro is the right tool to be using?
2 Can I achieve this or similar results using Mocha AE?
3 Is this achievable at all?

My deadline is looming, so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have added a still so you may have a better idea of what I need to do.

Hi Mary

Thanks for the help - it worked. I’ve been watching some of your videos and have learnt a lot.

Thanks again!

Hi there,

You can either track the area in mocha AE and paste that data onto a null in After Effects and link paint to the null and handpaint it out, or you can use mocha Pro to nail this pretty easily.

You can see a technique similar to both of those in the beauty work webinar we did for removing blemishes, check out the section with the girl’s face and the section with removing tracking marker’s from an older man’s face: http://www.imagineersystems.com/videos/webinar-digital-makeup-retouching/view

Cheers,
Mary

Glad to help!