Switching on/off added splines into layer?

Hi guys,

Something I’m finding tricky to work out here.
I nearly always have shots that have some kind of green screen in the background, sometimes with markers but often they are being occluded by foreground objects/people.

Ideally I want to be able to switch on/off these extra x-splines in the layer.
Is there a way to do that ?

You will need to garbage roto out occluding objects (and people) in the foreground and then drag those to the top of the layer pile. As they move through the scene over the top of the layers below them, they hold out the objects so you can track the background. That’s the workflow for avoiding occlusions, but you can’t turn shapes on and off, you can only move them, drag them off-screen, or delete and re-ad them.

Please let me know if you have any more questions and I will be happy to help you.

Cheers,
Mary

Hi Mary,

Many thanks for getting back to me on this.
That workflow is what I have been doing but it tends to really throw off the tracking when I’m tracking markers or something like that.
I feel we could do with having sub-layers within the layers themselves (for each added spline), thus having the ability to switch on/off. I see if there’s a feature request section/email.

Many thanks,
Rob

Hi Rob,

I am not sure that is possible with our current layer structure, but I will let the dev team know.

Cheers,
Mary

That would be great !

Cheers,
Rob