Timeline scrubbing in the canvas?

Is there a way to scrub forwards & backwards in time directly on the canvas? Having to go down to the time line and grab the playhead each time is a drag (no pun intended). Even doing that, the playhead should snap to wherever in the timeline I click and start to scrub from there. It’s a small move each time to re focus on grabbing the playhead and then move up back to the canvas.

You can play the timeline, or you can scrub it by clicking and dragging. You can also mouse wheel scrub. But for clicking and dragging, that’s only on the timeline or in the dope sheet.

Please let me know if you have any questions and I will be happy to help you. Sorry for the delayed response, I was out of the office and this may have slipped through the cracks.

Thanks for the response Mary!

I didn’t provide full context: As a wacom user, I think I missing out on an alternate scrub method (like the mouse wheel scrub) that doesn’t require use of the timeline. I noticed in the UI, you can click hold and make a circle motion to alter certain values, like brightness scaling & layer matte opacity. It would be great if that was extended to scrubbing the timeline directly in the viewport.

Is there a proper place to submit feature requests? Thank you!

Hi Alan,

Yes, there is a place to submit feature requests! It is here: http://www.imagineersystems.com/support/contact-support/

Simply send in a detailed request, and we will add it to our user stories. But we can’t guarantee a timeline that the feature will be implemented. Thank you for your feedback, your suggestions help us build a more useful tool!

Cheers,
Mary