Title Studio: default gradient behind text

Number 2 in what will undoubtedly be a series of basic questions on Title Studio.

I started a new 2D title in Premiere. I wanted it all in white. Plain ole white. But I clearly see some sort of gradient running white at top left to grey bottom right (first image). If I toggle the visibility off on the Shader Texture layer, I see a gradient soloed (second image). This seems to be causing my problem. How do I just get plain ole white?

Martin

34%20PM

Early 2009 Nehalem MacPro4,1, 2 X 2.6 GHz Quad-Core
OS High Sierra 10.13.6
Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB system drive
32 GB RAM
ATI Radeon HD 4870 GRFX Card
Blackmagic Intensity Pro 4K, Driver: 10.11.4
Avid Media Composer v. 2018.11.0
Adobe Premiere Pro CC 2019 v. 13.1.2
Adobe Media Encoder CC v. 13.0.2.39
Mocha Pro Plug-in v. 6.0.2 build 217.x
Boris Continuum 2019 v. 12.0.4

Hi Martin.

To generate plain white text without any lighting, delete the current layer, then create a new “flat text” layer by clicking on the new media button at the top of the timeline (it’s the icon that looks like color bars) and selecting Flat Text.

I’ve always thought it a bit odd that Title Studio imposes an FX affected font as the default text on opening the program. As per martin1’s sentiments, why can’t it just be bog-standard white? Then we wouldn’t have to go through the delete the default layer and start a new flat text layer every time Title Studio is opened for a new title. Please leave the FX choices to the user. Besides this ongoing unnecessary annoyance, Title Studio is great.

Thanks Peter. That’s what I was looking for.

Martin