Title Studio Used to Have CAST SHADOW

What happened to the Cast Shadow option that appeared in the drop shadow text properties?
Denny

Hi,

That option is still there - you can find it under the shadow pop-up menu, but you must first enable the shadow option. I’ve attached a screenshot that shows you where to find it.

Thanks,
Peter.

Thanks Peter, got it. One more question. I find that if I put a material face on the text, the drop shadow disappears from the text box where the 4 vertical buttons are. Is it not possible to put a cast shadow on text with a material face?
Denny

Hey Denny. Glad that worked for you. So within Title Studio, 3D text is different than 2D text in that the 2D styles do not translate to 3D. In fact, if you’re generating 3D text you should disable the 2D shadow. There’s a dedicated 3D cast shadow shader that you need to use. I’m not in the office at the moment but I’ll try to find a tutorial that I can send you for this. Cheers, Peter.

Hi Denny,

So in Continuum Title Studio, there are completely independant procedures for adding a cast shadow to 2D text as opposed to 3D text. With 2D text, the cast shadow is a style which is controlled via the text generator window. WIth 3D text, the cast shadow is generated via 3d lights, which are positioned in the scene to create real 3d cast shadows. Shadow Lights are set up at the Scene Container level - with the scene container selected, just click on the lights tabb, enable light 2 and set the light to shadow then position the light to generate the shadow that you need.

I hope this helps.

Thanks,
Peter.

Something else to consider Denny is that with Continuum 2020, you have the BCC Cast Shadow filter, which you can stack on top of the Title Studio filter to quickly and easily add a cast shadow to any elements that you generated in Title Studio, whether they are 2D or 3D, static or animated. It’s probably the fastest and easiest approach. I’d suggest using the BCC Cast Shadow filter like this :
(1) apply title studio to a clip / layer / slug etc, generate the 3d text and apply back to the host timeline
(2) add / stack the BCC Cast Shadow filter on top of Title Studio
(3) adjust the controls in the Cast Shadow filter to taste

It’s that easy!

Cheers,
Peter.