Tracked data applying nothing

Hi,

First time using Mocha properly, so no doubt this is my fault somewhere along the line.

I’m trying to track a phone screen through Mocha, using what I assume is the norm of x-spline and planar surface tools, with a bit of AdjustTrack stuff along the way. This part seems to work fine, as you can see from my video.

What doesn’t, is when I head back in to After Effects and try to apply this tracking data to a composition, containing a phone screen image. It doesn’t seem to bring anything through into the effects panel or once I apply a corner pin effect to the target layer.

Help?

Have a look at what I’m doing here – https://www.dropbox.com/s/lop72i8pr615r5z/applying%20tracked%20data.mp4?dl=0

I’m using After Effects CC 2019 and therefore the new Mocha plugin.

Thanks,
Rowan

Well, I’ve worked it out. The answer is pretty annoying, but relieving.

I hadn’t checked this little processing cog next to the layer created in Mocha (which I didn’t know was there), when selecting the track:

Hopefully this helps someone in the same position one day!

Hi there,

Yes, this is correct, and we realize this is also annoying. We are working on a more straightforward solution, as you are not the only person hung up by this. That suggests a confusing workflow issue on our end that we need to examine.

Cheers,
Mary