Tracking a LONG pullback

I am currently tracking a LONG pullback from a helicopter shot on a Wescam. After I track I have to put a person who is going to be shot on greenscreen into the shot. I dont have any specific tracking points, just the floor, or props like chairs etc etc… sometimes not in the exact same plane where the actor will be keyed in. The shot starts close up and zooms out untill it is barely visible. Is there any techniques you recommend to accomplish this? I am going into DS after its done.

Is there any way to track part of the shot with one item, and subsequently change what it tracks to just get scale and position data?

Well, you can choose no perspective and rotation when in mocha.

It sounds like you are simulating a camera position and you only need the scale and position information on one of the objects that is closest to the ground plane the actor is on.

As far as tracking part of a shot with one object, than using a different track object - yes this can work if the objects are on the same plane. In mocha, it is fine to move the layer spline to a different object OR in the adjust track module, create a “new ref” tracker point. If there is a drastic shift in where the objects are on screen, it may be challenging to create the seemless pullback you are trying to achieve.

Interested in hearing how you make out. There may be some manual adjustment of keyframes to join multiple track sources.

Good luck,
Ross

—Quote (Originally by core787)—
I am currently tracking a LONG pullback from a helicopter shot on a Wescam. After I track I have to put a person who is going to be shot on greenscreen into the shot. I dont have any specific tracking points, just the floor, or props like chairs etc etc… sometimes not in the exact same plane where the actor will be keyed in. The shot starts close up and zooms out untill it is barely visible. Is there any techniques you recommend to accomplish this? I am going into DS after its done.

Is there any way to track part of the shot with one item, and subsequently change what it tracks to just get scale and position data?
—End Quote—