Tracking an object as it goes off frame

Hey there,

I’m new and learning so any help is much appreciated! When the cup goes off frame, you can see it looses the consistency in the track and goes a bit wonky. What are my best next steps?

Screen capture of my problem here:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KmCLulPOoxnY38UU6HTnxXOrW1XF6OQe/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!

Just make the track shape larger and retrack the problem area. If that doesn’t work, switch to translation only for the last few frames and retrack that section. If that still doesn’t work, add adjust track on top of that. There are many ways to correct this, I am happy to say.

thank you @maryp !

As a new learner here, which is the most correct/proper way to correct this? And, or which way would benefit my learning the most. And then, do you happen to know of a tutorial you could link to me? Thank you!!

Hi Mark,

I have told you the ways to correct this that are proper, usually it is trial and error.

1. So first, make the track shape larger and retrack the problem area.
  2. If that doesn’t work, switch to translation only for the last few frames and retrack that section.
  3. If that still doesn’t work, add adjust track on top of that.

I think you’d get a lot of use out of our free training series here: Boris FX | Training Series

Check that out and let me know!
Mary