Tracking controls On or Off

I’ve been very impressed with Mocha AE and have been using it on quite a few tracking shots for an MTV project I’m working on.

Curious if the tracking splines can be turned off as they leave the frame before distortion occurs in their tracking? I’ve used SynthEyes for a couple years and one feature I like on it that I haven’t found on Mocha is that you can setup “lifetimes” for each track. In other words if the trtack goes behind a lightpost for 20 frames you just tell it not to track that particular area for those frames.

Is there an equilvilant feature in Mocha?

-Mike

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I should have been more specific.

I have multiple spline trackers combined into one layer (basically corners of a reflective prop). I wanted to turn off two of the spline tracks as they exit the screen but leave the rest of the layer on until the end of the scene.

thanks,
Mike

Hi Mike,
Underneath layers, you can select in/out points for a shape layer. This is one way to turn a layer on and off.

Another thing you can do is simply track up to a frame, stop, than advance to the frame you want and start.

One trick many people do not know about - if you turn on “manual track” in tracking tab after tracking, it exposes a keyframe for the actual tracking data that could also be deleted.

Lastly, when tracking an object and a foreground element goes in front, often by creating a shape for the fg element (make sure it is layer above your track) will help you get through areas that are obscured.

Hope all this helps!
-R

—Quote (Originally by mpaza)—
I’ve been very impressed with Mocha AE and have been using it on quite a few tracking shots for an MTV project I’m working on.

Curious if the tracking splines can be turned off as they leave the frame before distortion occurs in their tracking? I’ve used SynthEyes for a couple years and one feature I like on it that I haven’t found on Mocha is that you can setup “lifetimes” for each track. In other words if the trtack goes behind a lightpost for 20 frames you just tell it not to track that particular area for those frames.

Is there an equilvilant feature in Mocha?

-Mike
—End Quote—