Tracking Green screen hand that rotates

I have Version 8.0.2 build 95
I have a green glove on my hand that rotates back and forth a couple of times.
I want to key out the green screen and replace my hand with a 3d object, whether here or blender, not sure yet. My problem is I can place a shape around the glove but the front and back go out of track and come back into the shot multiple times. I know I can set in/out points on layers to track only certain frames, but how do I track 1 shape and set multiple in/out points so when they come back into view it tracks again?
I know this is a difficult ask, but hoping someone can help or walk me through or send me a link to a youtube video that might help. I have seen setting in/out points on tracking on one of your videos, but not setting multiple in/out points for same track.
Thanks.

Animate the shape off the screen and on again, this is the best technique for needing multiple in and out points.

So so to make sure I understand what you’re saying, since my hand doesn’t actually go off the screen it just rotates, I should animate the mask until the one part goes off camera and just pull the mat off the screen and then pull the mat back onto the screen when the object comes back in frame?

Yes, just animate shapes on and off screen where you need them to cut in and out. It’s best practice to do this with roto anyway because then if you export the shape data it will read correctly in every single host we export to that supports splines.

Once you have your last good shape location, make a keyframe, jump one key ahead, animate the shape offscreen. Before you need to animate it back on, find the frame before the next place your shape comes back onto screen, and make a keyframe. The keyframe after that you can start to adjust your shape onscreen again.

Thank you so much for your response. I will try that and let you know how it goes.

So I reshot the shot, ha, so my hand stayed more center in the entire shot. I put xpline markers around the inside of the hand. I have up to Perspective ticked and sometimes only up to skew (or shear) ticked and track away. When I put the planar surface and the planar grid on at the beginning, it is aligned perfect and runs fairly smooth until my hand turns away from the camera and then starts to come back, that’s when it all goes wrong. I can move the xpline back into place frame by frame but then the planar surface and the planer grid go totally out of whack. It’s very hard to explain. Would I be able to share the video clip from my Gmail Gdrive with you so you can see what I’m looking at because it’s a rather large clip and I don’t think I can email it?

I don’t think I need to see it. Try using manual track instead to find the right place on the hand and track from that location back offscreen and then back to your manual frame and following the motion in the other direction. That should sort you out.

I am a little confused about the planar grid and planar surface. When i put it on the shot, it tracks perfectly as my hand turns one way, but when it turns back facing forward its not straight anymore. If I adjust the grid, does it have any affect on the tracking because if it doesn’t, how do I know my track will face forward if the grid is off? If that makes sense.

The grid tool (pink/purple) just follows the surface, it’s a visualization tool, it won’t change anything. If you mean the grid warp (light blue) that is different and can be animated.

Just make sure the surface is on.

Just so I am perfectly clear on this, sorry for asking just want to make sure I understand this program completely, when I put the grid warp (light blue) onto the surface to follow along with the x-pline points, when make a change to it, the grid warp, that data along with the x-pline point data gets transfered over to AE when I save? Just want to make sure I understand you.
Thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question. I do not want to have to reshoot this and I really want to learn as much as I can about this amazing program.