Tracking help - still learning

Hi, I just started using mocha pro (trial) and mocha AE, learning from tutorials and all. tracking seems easy and great, except for a shots i was given that has smoke running in the background and foreground throughout the entire frame. is there anyway in mocha to track a shot like this?

It really depends on how much smoke you are dealing with.
If the smoke is only drifting slightly, you may be able to track and then adjust using the AdjustTrack module.
Can you show an example shot? I can then give you some tips.

It really depends on how much smoke you are dealing with.

If the smoke is only drifting slightly, you may be able to track and then adjust using the AdjustTrack module.

Can you show an example shot? I can then give you some tips.

You should be okay tracking the feathers on the angel as well as the trunks of the trees as a cluster, however you may run into some issues if you are planning to remove the wire, as there will be a lot of shifting background. Again, it depends on the speed of the smoke.

You should be okay tracking the feathers on the angel as well as the trunks of the trees as a cluster, however you may run into some issues if you are planning to remove the wire, as there will be a lot of shifting background. Again, it depends on the speed of the smoke.

That’s peculiar, as there should be no difference in the tracking between the two products.
If you can send the full sequence i’ll be happy to take a look: martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

That’s peculiar, as there should be no difference in the tracking between the two products.

If you can send the full sequence i’ll be happy to take a look: martinb[at]imagineersystems.com

well, at the moment im tracking the trees and using the adjust track it seems pretty ok. although off topic, i encountered a prompt “One or more selections were not tracked properly. The images are too dark or not similar enough to track.” but if i skip that particular frame though tracking continues. usually happens around 1-3 frames randomly across the entire clip.

Hi, I just started using mocha pro (trial) and mocha AE, learning from tutorials and all. tracking seems easy and great, except for a shots i was given that has smoke running in the background and foreground throughout the entire frame. is there anyway in mocha to track a shot like this?

Hi, Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my late reply anyways, I am still asking permission to uploading the clip itself but here’s some screen shots. the shot itself has a light smoke on the foreground and background and a explosion behind the main character. Im wondering if theres any other way not to manually track this. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi, Thanks for the quick response and sorry for my late reply anyways, I am still asking permission to uploading the clip itself but here’s some screen shots. the shot itself has a light smoke on the foreground and background and a explosion behind the main character. Im wondering if theres any other way not to manually track this. Thanks :slight_smile:

well, at the moment im tracking the trees and using the adjust track it seems pretty ok. although off topic, i encountered a prompt “One or more selections were not tracked properly. The images are too dark or not similar enough to track.” but if i skip that particular frame though tracking continues. usually happens around 1-3 frames randomly across the entire clip.